General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Gotta Love Monte Love!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 05:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile Gotta Love Monte Love!

So I went by Costco to pick up soe cheap lunch for Martin and Myself at work. As usual, I parked at the very end of the row, way out in the middle of no where with one side of my car against a curb...I do this to keep from getting dings/dents/scratches...you know all the inconsiderate A-holes in this world that don't respect other peoples cars....

Anyway, When I walked out of Costco, and got closer to my car, I see this guy getting out of a Nissan Maxima a few spots over from me, then walking toward my car. So I did the remote start, and my car started with its usual grown. The guy then looked back, and saw me approaching the car...He said "Dude, NICE car man...that paint job is awesome, is it custom?" Of course I told him with a big smile, thanks, and no, its factory paint...his mouth dropped to the ground, and he said "no way." Then he did a walk around of my car, and peaked in the windows. Then said "Wow, this thing is really clean and sharp, is it fast?" So again, I said thanks, yea its pretty quick, not the fastest car on the road for sure, but it gets up and goes when you want it to, and gets pretty good gas milage while doing it. He smiled, and kept looking at my car, then said "so you work around here?" I explained where I worked was across from Costco about a block up...blah blah...then he asked where I worked, again, I told him where, and that we were a staffing agency...blah blah..He then asked what i specifically did for them...So I expalined that I was the branch manager...blah blah. And he asked if I had a business card he could have. So I gave him a card, and he gave me his. He ended the conversation saying, "you seem like a pretty cool guy, with a good head on your shoulders, its pretty slow where I work now, but i'm going to keep your card and let you know when we have any openings." I said ok, sounds great...thanks. And he started walking away, and looked back one more time to say "Your car is killer"

Anyway, needless to say, it made my day. I always love getting the compliments peoplehave for my Monte! it would be really weird if I could say, yea, this cars good looks got me a job too...lol

Old 08-28-2009, 12:18 AM

he was going to brake into your car!

be cautious!

Old 08-28-2009, 08:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm gonna drive out and park right next to you, REALLY close

Old 08-28-2009, 08:13 AM

So I gave him a card, and he gave me his. He ended the conversation saying, "you seem like a pretty cool guy, with a good head on your shoulders,

`Michael, has he call you for another meeting or date to
meet ? , because U R a pretty cool guy with a great
look'in head on your shoulders : )
BlkSheep`Mike wants 2 get close 2 U 2 (j/k) lol
U R just so popular & your Monte just draws people closer
Seriously, it's great to meet good people that appreciate
great automobiles. EnJoy your Day/Weekend
4-Sure

Old 08-28-2009, 09:21 AM

Dude i think you got hit on.... either that or he probed you to find out where you park you car during the work day.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Sounds like a scene from "I love you, Man." lol

That's cool though. I love when random people compliment my car. Especially when it isn't even clean. lol

Old 08-28-2009, 12:49 PM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
Especially when it isn't even clean. lol
Blasphemy. You own a black car, it should ALWAYS be clean :P

Old 08-28-2009, 01:37 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

You gonna start coming over to clean it then?? It has rained for 3 straight days... Burnsy needs a bath really bad.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:39 PM

15 Year Member

I washed mine last night, just in time for the 3-day rains here

But I had to get this grass / pollen crap off before it got worse with the rain

Old 08-28-2009, 01:52 PM

Rain???? What is that???

Its rained one day all summer except for a few showers in the evening with thunderstorms.

Quick Reply: Gotta Love Monte Love!