General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

goin for a test drive on wednesday

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Default RE: goin for a test drive on wednesday

yeah according to the ad it has the 3.8 motor in it, and it appears to have the dual exhaust, i dont like the ls wheels at all, makes it look like my buddys impala[:@][sm=badidea.gif]...

Old 04-08-2008, 09:44 PM

and jayyman thanks, but i was up there this past weekend to look at an 03 with 56,000 miles on it they were askin 11995 for it, they were only offereing me 11,500 for my car, and they were real ****** ill never buy a vehicle from there unless its an AMAZING deal

Old 04-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The non-supercharged 04 SS came with rims like what you see on Duane's car (cowboy6622). The LS rims must have been swapped by the previous owner out of personal choice.

I highly doubt it's an LS.

If I were you I'd take it out fora test drive and seriously check it out.
Never mind the rims (for now). If you buy it, then you can worry about getting yourself some different rims. Don't pass up a potentially great deal just on the rims alone.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:15 AM

taz, thanks for the advice!! i do plan on test driving it, and those rims would be fine for a set of winter tires... but i plan on getting a set off of tire rack, im nto sure which ones exactly but i do have a few pair in mind... i actually have a set of offset 18;s in my garage that will fit that i could use but im not sure how they will look... ill keep you all posted

Old 04-09-2008, 08:28 AM

Another vote for the Black 04, looks like an SS to me. Wouldn't the speedo gauges be different if it were an LS? Probly just got new wheels at one point, maybe this is something the dealer may have done if the wheels were shot when it was traded in? I would get a carfaqs done on it though.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Definitely do a carfax on any car before buying!
You don't want to find out after you bought it, that you bought something that was in a wreck.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Yes, make sure you do a Carfax.

They dealer may have replaced the rims for whatever reason.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: RocknSS04

The '04 either ISN'T an SS, or the wheels have been changed. WHY? ???????
Blue interior in a black SS? I don't think so! I'd SERIOUSLY check this out! My guess is that this is an LS badged as an SS, so you don't have the same suspension, and possibly not the same brakes and other important items.
Get the VIN and go to a GM dealer and have the service manager do a build sheet on it to SEE if it's an SS, and what features are REALLY on this car. They will do this for free.
That's what I thought too. It has LS rims, but is in fact an SS. My dad works for a GM dealership so I had him run the VIN. It is an SS, and the mileage on the Vehicle Service Inquiry matches that of what's listed. I don't know why anyone would put LS rims on it...but it has the 3800 and is an SS.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:59 PM

just waitin on a respons from the dealer about my trade value.... damn it lol I was really hoping to be driving it home by the end of the week... thanks for the advice guys!!!

Old 04-09-2008, 05:11 PM

Yea- I did get a great deal there. What might have helped me out is I wasn't trading anything in. Good luck finding your Monte!

Quick Reply: goin for a test drive on wednesday