General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

GM wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Default GM wheels

So I tried to purchase the GM accessory wheels for my '06 Monte Carlo. They are 17" forged, polished aluminum. I've gotten two sets sent to me via UPS and they are trash! The first set looked like it was all "spider webbed" and the second set had CHUNKS, yes CHUNKS taken out of the wheels where someone dropped them or curbed them! I couldn't believe these were supposed to be brand new! Do not buy from Van chevrolet in Texas.

Old 09-29-2006, 06:01 PM
Default RE: GM wheels

Eh, most dealerships do not bother checking wheels before shipping them. I have worked at a few and they just tape them up and ship them out. Deal with someone who specializes in wheels. They usually take the care needed when shipping them.

Old 09-29-2006, 06:58 PM

Such as whom?

Old 09-30-2006, 06:45 PM

ORIGINAL: cain45
So I tried to purchase the GM accessory wheels for my '06 Monte Carlo. They are 17" forged, polished aluminum. I've gotten two sets sent to me via UPS and they are trash! The first set looked like it was all "spider webbed" and the second set had CHUNKS, yes CHUNKS taken out of the wheels where someone dropped them or curbed them! I couldn't believe these were supposed to be brand new! Do not buy from Van chevrolet in Texas.
James, that really SUCKS[:@][:@][:@] Please post updates & what you are going to do.... I like the Forged Polished Aluminum Wheel & they look `sweet. Are you still going to try & get them? Good Luck....`Space

Old 10-01-2006, 02:19 AM

Thanks! I'm ordering them thru my local dealer. I live in Indiana and was ordering them off a website that was hosted by a dealer in Texas. Their name is Van Chevrolet. DO NOT buy from them. I've had 2 sets of wheels sent from them and both had CHUNKS and scrapes out of the wheels. It was really poor customer service in my opinion. They just don't give a ****e. I have to pay about $111 more thru my local dealer for the set but no shipping charges. Plus my dealer won't let me leave until they examine the wheels themselves. I'll post pics once I received them and install them.

Old 10-01-2006, 03:16 PM

ORIGINAL: cain45

Such as whom?

There are several wheel shops online that carry factory wheels. I bought a set a few years back from a site but I dont remember the name. I just used google and did a search for OE wheels. I would provide a link but I dont remember the site name, sorry. I am sure there are several out there though that work with OE (not OEM!!) wheels.

In case you dont know OE is Original Equipment which is stock. OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer which means they are OE quality but not actually stock wheels (like if the wheel has a chevy logo on it, an OE wheel would have it but an OEM wheel would not).

Hope that explains.

Old 10-01-2006, 08:03 PM

I can find OE wheels just not the GM accessories ones. Thanks for the help though!

Old 10-01-2006, 09:07 PM

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/

No luck there?

Old 10-01-2006, 09:11 PM

Like these?

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...umber=17800155

They have more there but I am not sure which set you are looking for

Old 10-02-2006, 08:19 PM

That's them and I have checked there. About $1300/set!

Quick Reply: GM wheels