General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

- GM Phony Recalls -

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 08:35 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default - GM Phony Recalls -

[align=center]Car dealer accused of sending phony recall notices
Associated Press - July , 07

ATLANTA (AP) - A consumer protection agency has filed a lawsuit against a car dealer, claiming the dealer sent out phony recall notices in a bid to increase sales.

The lawsuit was filed Friday by the Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs against Bill Heard Chevrolet and is the first lawsuit the agency has filed against a car dealer since 1975.

Last fall, 10,000 Georgia car owners received what appeared to be a flier from General Motors announcing an "Urgent Potential Recall Notice."

In fact, there was no recall and the flier was NOT from General Motors. State regulators say it was the latest in a 16-year pattern of deceptive sales pitches by Bill Heard Chevrolet, the largest car dealer based in Georgia.

The lawsuit says the October mailings were meant to trick car owners into thinking their vehicles were unsafe. Instead, the dealership was simply trying to sell new vehicles or service plans.
[/align][align=center](- Borrowed infor from GM Inside news, by `Ming[/align][align=center][/align]
GMI Staff Member , Thank You !)
[align=center][/align]

[:-]Click on below link [:-]
Full Article:
[/align]

Old 07-25-2007, 08:43 AM
Default RE: - GM Phony Recalls -

It pays to check out a dealership before you buy,
no matter where you live. : (
[hr]
Bill Heard Chevrolet in Florida
[align=center]Class action status is being sought in a lawsuit filed against Bill Heard Chevrolet of Plant City, Florida on behalf of customers. The suit alleges deceptive business practices by the company, and claims that it violated federal Truth in Lending laws.

"Bill Heard Chevrolet's conduct violates public policy, is unfair, misleading, deceptive and illegal, and is substantially injurious to consumers . . . who are left without a vehicle and lack the ability to get one because they no longer have a trade-in vehicle as a down payment, or their cash down payment, and cannot secure affordable financing," the complaint states.

Among the deceptive practices Bill Heard salespeople engaged in, the complaint alleged, involved telling a customer he was approved for car financing when the application was never actually processed.
[/align][align=center][:-]Click below 4 more [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com...ill_heard.html[/align]

Old 07-25-2007, 08:52 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center]Warranty Notice to all MCF Members[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Please delivery your Monte Carlo to member `Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]for review & test drive.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]This is your final NOTICE[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Failure to comply with make Space `cry.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][X(][X(][X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 07-25-2007, 08:58 AM

Members, please post `if this is happening in your area.
There are many great GM dealers, & a few can make it
bad for everyone.
Thanks, from everyone..

Old 07-25-2007, 10:53 AM

I had the pleasure of having my 96 Z34 worked on by the same Bill Heard on Barret Parkway inKennesaw Ga. By far the worst experience I have ever had. Needed a couple oil leaks (intake, frontmain and power steering pump)fixed under my extended warranty. After a week and a half of them having my car I was supposed to drive to Chicago for my granddaughters first birthday, Car wasn't done, engine was still torn apart farther than what was needed (heads were off to replace intake gasket). After arguing with the service manager and store manager and voicing my opinions rather loudlythey still did nothing to help, no loaner and not even a ride to the airport to rent an car. After having my car for a total of 3 weeks it was finally done. Picked it up and found 4 big dents and many deep into the primer scratches in both doors. Once again to the management staff. Same results they claimed it was like that when the car came in even after they saw pictures. Over the next couple monthsI sentseveral letters/emailswith before/after pictures and reciepts of what everything cost me beside the deductible, sent to the main office about my ordeal and NO response. Three months after I picked up me car I got a check from Bill Heard for $150 to repay what I spent for car rental.
I wouldn't even suggest anyone do any business with that company, I have heqard that people have had the same type of problems in Tn also. I wouldn't even recommend them to work onaFord or even animport. They are a true life example of what the common conception of a dealership is.I turned wrenches inGM dealerships for 8 years, and this is why I don't work on cars for a living any more.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:30 AM

Bill Heard near here in Sanford Fla. has had many horror stories come out its dealership. Mainly unfair pressure sales to customers and things like that. I came real close to having to buy my Monte from them but got lucky and found the car I wanted at a closer dealership.