General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Getting a New Car!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 06:57 PM
Default Getting a New Car!

Okay so you guys know that I recently got a Honda and traded it for a Jeep. Now I just found a 2006 Saturn Ion Redline that I am looking forward to hopefully getting. I took my Monte Carlo there for an offer and got one that was very poor, so I told them I had a Jeep that I could offer also, and they said it would be possible for me to get an even trade with my wheels and the Jeep since it would be a 2 for one deal.

The Ion is supercharged, and has a 6 speed with Recaro seats, and a hurst shift ****. ~80k miles.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:05 PM

Just be warned that it's a Saturn. Parts can be hard to find as well as someone to work on them. But other than that, congrats on the new to you ride.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I hope everything goes well for you!

Personally though, I'd rather have a Monte and a Jeep

^he shouldn't have a problem finding parts for it, it's basically a Cobalt...

Old 10-27-2012, 07:07 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Doesnt look to bad

Old 10-27-2012, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
I hope everything goes well for you!

Personally though, I'd rather have a Monte and a Jeep

^he shouldn't have a problem finding parts for it, it's basically a Cobalt...
I love the Jeep, but the monte is at the point where it's like the 80 year old man that can only walk with a walking frame lol. It's got a clogged cat we think, and that engine bracket is still unfixed due to the fact that there is a bolt that I can not get off. Plus I want something that's boosted. Yeah, I was wondering why he said it'd be hard to get parts for, it basically is a Cobalt SS like you said.

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Doesnt look to bad
Thanks. The deal isn't settled yet, they still have to look at the Jeep, and hopefully with 2 vehicles in the trade and my Dale Earnhardt's they don't lowball me like the first time. How are you liking the 300C SRT-8?

Last edited by brendan127; 10-27-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Friend at work has the same car (color and all)

Great little thing. He's going to steal my HPTuners next year for it haha

Old 10-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member

Which bracket you talking about? Might need to hit those bolts with some PB blaster. Unless you're dead set on the Ion, and if they give the same amount for the Monte even if you fix everything, then I wouldn't bother with it.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do man, if you need some help with the Monte let me know and I'll help however I can (without going to Indiana of course ).

Old 10-27-2012, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Friend at work has the same car (color and all)

Great little thing. He's going to steal my HPTuners next year for it haha
Yeah I really like it. Hope I can fit in it, ha. Only going to do it if they'll trade me even though.

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
Which bracket you talking about? Might need to hit those bolts with some PB blaster. Unless you're dead set on the Ion, and if they give the same amount for the Monte even if you fix everything, then I wouldn't bother with it.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do man, if you need some help with the Monte let me know and I'll help however I can (without going to Indiana of course ).
We don't have the best tools for leverage, and it's the back left bolt on the passenger side engine bracket.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:19 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by brendan127
Thanks. The deal isn't settled yet, they still have to look at the Jeep, and hopefully with 2 vehicles in the trade and my Dale Earnhardt's they don't lowball me like the first time. How are you liking the 300C SRT-8?
Yeah hopefully they wont try to screw you over but most dealers try to & im loving it lol its one sweet car

Old 10-27-2012, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Yeah hopefully they wont try to screw you over but most dealers try to & im loving it lol its one sweet car
Yeah, I hate dealerships, but I'll find one that I don't hate if they give me this lol. Nice, I love the 300C. The HEMI has to be awesome.

Quick Reply: Getting a New Car!