General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Getting to the bottom of things..

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Default Getting to the bottom of things..

So I was just outside messing around with Carla some more today since I had nothing better to do and while I was pulling the dash out I noticed an issue that had occured while doing this. Okay so everyone who has done this knows that when pulling the front face of the dash out you are required to leave you key in the ignition. Well when I went to pull the dash off the key got pulled out of the ignition along with the dash because it got caught on the "Off, Acc, On, Start" cover. I immediately thought that was a little strange. As alot of you know I have been having issues with my A/C, and DIC not working sometimes and well when I went to put the dash back together I had clipped the bottom cover or, knee cover located under the dash and when I clipped it back in from under the ignition all of a sudden the A/C turned on! OMFG MAGIC! So I think I've realized that my ignition is to blame for the A/C not cooperating. What are your thoughts on this? Also if I get a new ignition from GM is there anyway I can keep the same key pattern so I am not required to have a key cut for my door and trunk and then also a key for my ignition? Or am I going to be required to have a separate key for the ignition? Thoughts please!

Old 05-19-2011, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by jwjones
if I get a new ignition from GM is there anyway I can keep the same key pattern so I am not required to have a key cut for my door and trunk and then also a key for my ignition? Or am I going to be required to have a separate key for the ignition? Thoughts please!
i had my ignition cylinder replaced at the dealership, and i still use the same key...

Old 05-19-2011, 07:51 PM

Awesome! How much did it run you to have it fixed there?

Old 05-19-2011, 07:54 PM

from what i can remember...it was expensive, 300-400 ish...don't quote me on that though...

Old 05-19-2011, 07:56 PM

Yikes, kinda pricey but I guess its pay the hefty bill or get it stolen!

Any other thoughts on my ignition causing my A/C not to work would be great
Thanks!