General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Future Monte Carlo Price

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
No they wont, ones with no miles what so ever can barely bring $20,000 there not gonna be a car like a GNX or any of those, they will never be worth more than what they cost new or even close to that
they cant bring more than $20,000 right now because they are only 10 years old. its not like they are classified as classic. they will be once they are 20 years old. but if you look at it, the 02 earnhardt ones book at $23,000 and that hasnt been updated since 2007.

once they are classic they can get the high miles ones outta there and get the true value of a car that has low miles on it, they are collectors cars also and the earnhardt ones bring more than any other version out there right now.

you see cars like corvettes on barrett-jackson that arent 20 years old and they dont bring very much either at this point and time. but then you go and look at the older ones that have all original miles on them and they bring a lot of money.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The only way I can not see the Monte Carlo appreciating any is if they come out with another generation... I can see it back in maybe 6-9 years. 7 years from now were gonna look back at this post and say dang he had a good prediction lol.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by DRuben
The only way I can not see the Monte Carlo appreciating any is if they come out with another generation... I can see it back in maybe 6-9 years. 7 years from now were gonna look back at this post and say dang he had a good prediction lol.
yea the regular montes wont go up in value as much as the limited edition nascar ones but i see them being around what they are right now in 10 years.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 02 Earnhardt Monte Carlo SS
yea the regular montes wont go up in value as much as the limited edition nascar ones but i see them being around what they are right now in 10 years.
I meant that I can see the car making a return in 6-9 years from now... If it does retun then all these "Limited Editions" wont hold/have value at all. Hopefully it will have a huge return like the Camaro did! I dont think that they will have it on Chevys starting line-up but we all know if the Monte Carlo was built on the same chassis as the GTO it would be badazz. How does this sound... 2008 Monte Carlo LS2......

Old 01-27-2012, 04:11 PM

I meant that I can see the car making a return in 6-9 years from now... If it does retun then all these "Limited Editions" wont hold/have value at all. Hopefully it will have a huge return like the Camaro did! I dont think that they will have it on Chevys starting line-up but we all know if the Monte Carlo was built on the same chassis as the GTO it would be badazz. How does this sound... 2008 Monte Carlo LS2......
hell the reagular montes wont be worth as much as u think, they made a bunch of them, the earnhardt 02's had 3333 made of them, thats what makes there values go up. the jr ones has 2883 made, idk how many of the gordons were made or the 04 intimidators or the 2005 stewart editions. the most popular ones made were the jr and 02 earnhardt editions.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:11 PM

All I care is that I can always find one, if I need one, I love this car and don't ever want another, seriously....

Mike

Old 01-27-2012, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Warhorse
All I care is that I can always find one, if I need one, I love this car and don't ever want another, seriously....

Mike
i am just saying that regular montes dont hold or go up in value near as much as the limited edition nascar ones or even the pace car editions.

going out and saying that if the regular montes dont hold or go up in value then the "limited editions" wont is far from being correct.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

I just want to see what people were thinking about value... I plan on keeping my Monte until the hood falls off , Joking I can only see me getting rid of my Monte under 2 conditions. 1. If im trading it in for a Challenger. 2. If im trading it in for a GTO. Ill be homeless living out of it before I sell it, 2002 Monte Carlo Ave. lol
Same here lol.. At least if I drive it til the hood falls off I already have a replacement! May only be functional in the aspect of weight reduction but oh well.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:29 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

There is more earnhardt ones than gordon & stewart ones & i just looked your car up on our system & it only books for $12,500 retail, there not gonna go up like u think theres too many made

Old 01-27-2012, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
Same here lol.. At least if I drive it til the hood falls off I already have a replacement! May only be functional in the aspect of weight reduction but oh well.
I like that hood, reminds me of the trans am hood!

Quick Reply: Future Monte Carlo Price