General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Fuel Usage

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 09:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Fuel Usage

I was curious how far my Supercharged Monte would go after the fuel light came on so I put it to the test this morning. As soon as I pulled out of the drive the computer showed that I had 58 miles to go. The analog gauge was about 1/8th the overhead showed that I had 13.1 gallons used. Mydrive is 30 miles to work and my target was the gas station 1 mile from work.

When I pulled in the station, the overhead showed that I had used 14.1 gallons and the analog gauge was at 1/16th low. When I filled up it took 15.84 gallons. So the bottom line is part of the computer is right and part is wrong. Trust the analog gauge. The 58 milesleft was pretty acurate, but the amount of fuel I had left was way off.This tank I averaged 21 miles per gallon, but my foot was in it more this tank then most. I am averaging about 25 miles per gallon combined. Not bad for a car of this type.

FYI Premium is $3.10 in North Georgia.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:42 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Fuel Usage

wehn my low fuel light comes on my thing just says "lo" mileage

Old 11-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

wehn my low fuel light comes on my thing just says "lo" mileage
Same here. But the last time I filled up, the overhead said that I used 13.? (don't remember now), but it took 15.? to fill up. Also said I was getting about 4 mpg better than what I figured. I'll check it again next time. I can't remember if I still had the defective cat on that tank or not.

Old 11-28-2007, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member

The 58 miles was right before the low fuel light came on. After that the overhead said low.

Dusty Bird what is that emblem/sticker behind the passenger door on the silver portion of the ground effects kit?

Old 11-28-2007, 03:51 PM
Photobucket

ORIGINAL: odessadude

Dusty Bird what is that emblem/sticker behind the passenger door on the silver portion of the ground effects kit?
This one? Not the best pic, I cropped it and blew it up. It's an RCR sticker, there's one on the other side too.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3339/5AAE20DDB88A4E12B1E0F5EF6E8558AC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-28-2007, 04:22 PM

Yeah I have noticed that my overhead computer is off in the amount of fuel I used. So far I've only noticed that it is off by about 1-1.5 gallons. I still stick with the analog guage to determine how much go juice I have left.

Oh an regular gas is $3.29 here now.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member

Yeh thats the one.

It looks pretty cool. Was that an option or just good ole fashion customizing?

Old 11-28-2007, 07:01 PM
Photobucket

Thanks.
It's the '02 Dale Earnhardt Edition, it came that way. Click on the camera below my avatar and you can see a few more pics. I need to take some better ones and add them.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member

I like it! Now I,m pissed. I saw one of these on the craiglist that was a theft recovery for $2,300.00. It ran, had the wheels etc, but the body had a few dents in it according to the ad. I should have went over there looked at it and bought the damn thing!

Oh well I will pay more attention to the next one I see. I have some pics of my 04 supercharged model, black on black etc, but I haven't read how to attach them yet. I guess that will be one of the projects for the holidays!

Years ago I use to go through the wrecking yards out in Texas and collect stuff I didn't need, knowing they would be worth something one day. Sure enough they were and I always made a good profit on hi-performance stuff like heads, blocks, posi units etc. Even interiors I would strip just for the rare colors and optional steering wheels etc. I think these Monte Carlos present the best equipment for collecting we have seen in a long time. The superchargers are a dime a dozen, but the L-67 is something to snag if the price is right. You may as well take the tranny if it is still attached. Interiors like yours are going to be hard to come by in a few years and there are opportunities for many other parts. The only other cars I would consider getting parts for would be the 2 door Gran Prixs. They didn't make many and twenty years from now these Monte's and Grand Prixs will be all over the drag strips making serious power with front wheel drives.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:01 AM

I get average for 28mpg in my monte (2006 LT2)
When you get a read out of how many gallons you've burned is it on a special computer? I dont have that read out in my information center.

Also gas is $3.46/gallon for regular here

Quick Reply: Fuel Usage