General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

flawed design, but heres my upside

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 06:38 PM
Default flawed design, but heres my upside

96 monte carlo's have curved doors........which makes it harder than hell to have someone try and slim jim the door unlocked. also the 2 or 3 inch lip inside the top portion does wonders to safeguard from theft.

i've seen marks on both doors obviously from before i got the car and they were very unsuccessful to say the least

same marks on both door lips so i know it wasnt an accidnent

not to mention it has horizontal power locks which would electrocute you before you'd be able to gain entry.

i love my monte carlo!!

Old 05-30-2013, 06:57 PM

I'm sorry to say the fifth generation is easy to break into unfortunatly. With the right tools some one can gain access withing minuttes.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by lilmonteZ34
I'm sorry to say the fifth generation is easy to break into unfortunatly. With the right tools some one can gain access withing minuttes.

how so?

it seems people leave my car alone since the slim jim incident. i guess they knew about the flaws?

Old 05-30-2013, 07:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

when my dad got his '96 we closed the door with it running and the funky aftermarket security system locked the doors with no one in the car, and the windows up. could not pick the lock with the slim jim for the life of us.

we did manage to get into the car though, just took about 30 minutes of failed attempts, lol.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by crusher38
how so?
Two screwdrivers a rag & a coat hanger = in the car within seconds ..
No need to post most people know how to get in..

Old 05-30-2013, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by lilmonteZ34
Most cars you can get into within seconds ..

Old 05-30-2013, 08:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by zjerry
Two screwdrivers a rag & a coat hanger = in the car within seconds ..
No need to post most people know how to get in..
lol except me and the OP i guess....

could be worse, apparently with a ranger like i've got you can just stick the radio antenna into a gaping void under the door handle and the lock opens.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by skylark65
lol except me and the OP i guess....

could be worse, apparently with a ranger like i've got you can just stick the radio antenna into a gaping void under the door handle and the lock opens.
Iam not going to post how to get in to cars here . But most cars are easy to get in to. Most only take a few seconds.. I work at USPS as a mechanic an have to get in vehicles sometimes with out keys . You should see the looks
you get when you bring a car back with no key.. The boss say's how did you drive that car with out a key? I said don't worry about it . It's here ..

Old 05-30-2013, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by zjerry
Iam not going to post how to get in to cars here . But most cars are easy to get in to. Most only take a few seconds.. I work at USPS as a mechanic an have to get in vehicles sometimes with out keys . You should see the looks
you get when you bring a car back with no key.. The boss say's how did you drive that car with out a key? I said don't worry about it . It's here ..

i was gonna ask how...then i saw where u live

Old 05-30-2013, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by skylark65
when my dad got his '96 we closed the door with it running and the funky aftermarket security system locked the doors with no one in the car, and the windows up. could not pick the lock with the slim jim for the life of us.

we did manage to get into the car though, just took about 30 minutes of failed attempts, lol.

lol that spare key has saved my butt more times that i know of.

Quick Reply: flawed design, but heres my upside