General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Finally installed my k&n intake! But with problems!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Default Finally installed my k&n intake! But with problems!!

Im finally got around to installing my intake kit i graciously recieved on christmas. I drove it around for five minutes and everythingwas fine. Its loud as hell and sounds badass, and feel more power. But into the 3rd minute of drving, ALL THE BELLS AND ALAMRS GO OFF. I get a CHECK ENGINE LIGHT,a BRAKE LIGHT, and some kinda TRACTION CTRL WARNING. So i wentfrom being all smiles, to cursing in the matter of seconds. It is important to mention that I have had a probklem with the traction ctrl once before(1yr ago).Kinda wierdo though What do u guys think.Why would this come up all of a sudden?

Old 01-08-2008, 09:31 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Finally installed my k&n intake! But with problems!!

make sure you didn't bump some sensors or wires lose is the first thing i guess.... that is odd. take ti to auto zone and have it plugged up.

i've been on this forum awhile, researched hte cars before buying them, nad researched CAI's (although never buying one), and I ahve never heard of a problem like this.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:03 PM

I would double check the wiring to the throttle body just to be safe.

I named my car Christine for some weird electrical issues because I get the wierd lights myself every 9 months or so. They go away for me though just by turning off the engine and turning it back on. Just some freak thing.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:04 PM

Oh and this also happend even after I swapped my PCM to one programmed from DHP.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm thinking your PCM isn't happy for some reason. Didn't you disconnect it when you put in your CAI? I'm thinking you have a bad connection, or a pulled wire somewhere. Did you have any problems hooking up the connectors to the PCM?
What are the codes that was thrown (checked by Auto Zone)?

Old 01-09-2008, 12:39 PM

A lot of the fresh air intakes come with a programer so you can re-program the cars computer to accept all the new air it's receiving, if not it will confuse the computer and your car's dash lights up with every warning light known to man!

Old 01-09-2008, 01:07 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've heard other people complain the cai made their car act possessed.

Turning the engine off then back on re-sets the computer.
I did this trick to make my transmission work as needed once.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:05 PM

I took the car for another ride, and the traction control service message, the brake light, and the tract off lights are on. But I dont know what im worried about. I had this problem once before so its not like its unherd of. And im sure ididdnt mess anythin up during the install ( i spent like 5 hrs just to make sure I did everything correctly!) I have my warantee for another 3 months, so as far as im concerned, this is the service dept.'s problem now.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Reset your computer the correct way. Disconnect the battery and leave it disconnected for like 5 minutes, then reconnect it, start it up and take it for a spin around the block. If it is just a matter of the computer needing reset, this will solve your problem. If not then you may need to pull codes.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:40 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

woah.. you've got na 00 up monte right? on these monte's the battery thing is 30 mins... not 5, not 29... 30 mins. don't ask why, but it is.

Quick Reply: Finally installed my k&n intake! But with problems!!