General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Finally got my Car!! ;-(

Old 03-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Finally got my Car!! ;-(

well it finally showed up . that is the good news

the bad news is it is defenlty not in as good of shape as it was when it left in Germany

they tore thevent shade off the top of the car for the sunroof
they tore the drivers side one to the point it just flaps in the wind. and needs to be replaced
they put somethign on the engin cover to clean it off after it got here and it ate threw the clear coat on there and screwed up the autographs that i had on it.
the pushed the window switches on the drivers door so hard tha tit is now threw the door pannel
the remote mirror switch dont work at all anymore now
both the rear screens in back have no pictures on them at all now and dont do anythign but light up
the tore the seat belt hangers up on the inside they ahd some plastic covers on them that are tore up now.
the even tore 4 small holes in teh top of the seat on the pax side of the car.

it is way out of allinment and pulls real hard to the left
the one tire was real low (but in thier defence i had just put those on two days before it shipped might not have seated enough)

scratched the side of my car up looks like they had some keys or something on thier belt climbing in and out of the car and they got in to the paint.

and to top everything off they scratched the tint pretty good one the drivers door. (thank god for liftime tinit replacment on that stuff ) [:@][:@][:@]
and the only good thing that i have to bank on is i have 6o days to make a claim on the car after i get a list of everythign wrong with it and get estamates for the parts etc...

but i have no clue what a autographeg engin cover is goign to be worth.
other then meloni troxel i has everone elses auto graph on it twice with the years marked next to them
Waren Jhonsons seems to be the worse one on a second look . so i know fo sure they cant save it but the other might be savabel is they are real good but who knows.
Just ticks me off !! that was soemthign that really stood out on the car a lot when the hood was opend and really turned ehads at shows. no it is almost a embarissment.

Also DESS i have your dash here now Just have to finish so i can get it to YA!!

Old 03-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Default RE: Finally got my Car!! ;-(

Moderator Mickey,
Happy 2 read that you got your Monte back, but sad 2 read [X(]that it got
abused on the trip back from Germany : (
I hope that you or they had insurance to cover the damage that they caused.
It's sad that many people have no respect for other people property : (
I hope that you can get everything repaired & back to show quality.
[:@][:@][:@]I'd be really pizzed [:@][:@][:@]
Keep the members informed on how things work out.
Wish U a Big Happy,
`Space

Old 03-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

yeah i have insureance and so do they. the car can be fixed in reality it is small things. im mpore pizzed tha ti cant replace that engin cover on teh car then anythign else.
and i would love to knwo what they put on to it to eat threw the clear coat on it also.
I have used widex,and wax and otehr chemicals on it and never ever had it touch the clear coat on that thing they did it with somethign that went right threw it.
if it was jsut painted i could ahve lived with it it is the autographs that are pissing me off the most.

Old 03-17-2007, 03:41 PM

How could they beat it up so badly. Don't they just park it on a ship and send it across the Atlantic? I mean how could both screens go out in the back? WTF.

Old 03-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

belive me i would love to know what or how they did it also.
but when i got the car the one on the pax side of the car was upside down and the one on the drivers side was half 0out of the clam shell.

i think they were trying to steal them but could not figure out how to ge tthem all the way out.
but have no clue for sure jus tknow they dont work any more.

Old 03-17-2007, 04:33 PM

Mickey
Use the pic's of your engine cover for proof

Old 03-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

oh belive me i have more photos of this car then folks know about LOL
every time i have done any mods to it i have documented it and also . made it a point to take photots of it.
thing is im not positive if i have a actually photo of the cover before i shipped it with all the autographs on it. I know i have photos of all of them singing it so im sure i do it is just a matter of finding it in all the photos i have of the car right now.

But i have photos of all of them actually sinign the cover while it was on teh car for both years so i have a photos of Melonie troxel singing it also. and jim yate, waren jhonson, thommy jhonson Jr. C.Mac. (corry mac) of NHRA
so i have all five drivers.

Just really ticks me off. i know i will never get them to sing it agian and even if they fix the cover i have i know it will never look the same as it did then.
So we shall see wha thtey say abotu it with the Ins.
I have no clue what those covers are worth when they are unpainted let alone painted and then autographed.
i would hope to think it would add some value to it but how much i would ahve no clue.
Warren jhonsons record speacks for its self and Melonie Troxel is the fastest women in the NHRA i belive even the world right now.
the rest have very good records also.
anyw ay im rambeling im still so ticked about it. So i will jsut shut up for now and see wha tthey can dow with it. Either way i will be looking for another cover so that i can paint it to make it White and red agian. This one will not stay on the car to make sure it cant get any more screwed up. i put it on the car to ship it thnling it would not get scratched or screwed up in a box. so i guess to thier defence it was my fault some also. but when it went on it was show condition not tore up like it is now.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:41 AM

Man Mickey I'm sorry to hear about your car... I'll keep my fingers that everything works out with the insurance.

Old 03-18-2007, 03:45 AM

You know I wish you had avideo camera. You know it kicks on when it feels vibiration.
Cause what it sounds liketo me, that they went for a damm joy ride.I dont' know how big that ship is. But it's possible, if therewas enough room to **** around.Of course if thedamage was just on the outside I would say they did not strap it down good enough. Yeah that does sound crazy.

Old 03-18-2007, 04:45 AM

mickey i feel for ya man....I know I'd be really upset and thinking lawsuit if they don't fix it. That's just wrong.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally got my Car!! ;-(