General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

5th Gen ('95-'99): fifth gen roll call

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 12:20 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

L67 time?
Originally Posted by skylark65
'97 LS / "RS" here... dunno if I'll ever have the heart to get rid of it, right now it's my backup & weekend car and eventually its due for a fairly major overhaul

Old 09-09-2014, 12:57 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Bumpin cause ive seen new 5 gen members and no check in

Old 09-09-2014, 11:52 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default I got a Black 99 Monte Carlo

Originally Posted by l67ss
Who here is rocking fifth gens?
I got a Black 99 Monte Carlo. Just a toy now 190K the wife ran me out of the Garage so she could put the SUV's in there so I have a Garage that I rent. I owned a 96 at one time but gave it to my son. Which he traded for a Jeep Cherokee. I enjoy it when I can work on it, I travel a bunch but not with the car. I would like to update the interior Seats and maybe some Paint. RK sport Ground effects all around, but I would like to extend them some if possible?
I attached a recent photo.
Anyway thanks for the post. I don't see to many 5th Gens. out there in my travels but on occasion I do.
Seems like the most popular is the 6&7th gens.

Attached Thumbnails fifth gen roll call-2014-monte-0271-36-.jpg  
Old 09-09-2014, 03:02 PM

275xxx miles and still ticking. want to one day put an s/c on

Old 09-10-2014, 05:17 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by augi

275xxx miles and still ticking. want to one day put an s/c on
So our montes have the same mileage lol. Well mainly on the body anyway. Supercharge SOON, I sced mine and will NEVER go back na, in fact im collecting sc swap parts in anticipation of a possible future w body purchase lol

Old 09-10-2014, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by l67ss
So our montes have the same mileage lol. Well mainly on the body anyway. Supercharge SOON, I sced mine and will NEVER go back na, in fact im collecting sc swap parts in anticipation of a possible future w body purchase lol
Would love to, just ran into several snags. saving for a house, and restoring my old truck, Eleanor is just kind of being reduced to the reliable family mobile for the time being. Cant wait to one day, just not feasable right now

Old 09-26-2015, 01:15 AM

Bump

Also 5th Owner right here!

Getting some goodies for her this Sunday. Going to be grabbing some 6th Gen seats since I heard it's an easy swap, and that only the tracks need to be swapped. If that means losing my electric seats, no biggie, rather have seats that aren't broken, and are far more comfortable, than a minor convenience like electric motors to move my fat ***.

lol

Hope to find a sunroof motor, a new headliner, and maybe a different trunk with a better looking spoiler, but only if it is the same color. Also a steering wheel in better condition than mine, with the stereo controls.

Old 09-26-2015, 07:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by TorqueEffect
Bump

Also 5th Owner right here!

Getting some goodies for her this Sunday. Going to be grabbing some 6th Gen seats since I heard it's an easy swap, and that only the tracks need to be swapped. If that means losing my electric seats, no biggie, rather have seats that aren't broken, and are far more comfortable, than a minor convenience like electric motors to move my fat ***.

lol

Hope to find a sunroof motor, a new headliner, and maybe a different trunk with a better looking spoiler, but only if it is the same color. Also a steering wheel in better condition than mine, with the stereo controls.
Well that sounds good. The seats you can still make operate if your wired for power seats. Mine were powered seats but cloth and I found a set of leather ones from a 1998 Monte real good shape. I had difficulty getting the powered ones out of the wrecked Monte the salvage yard guy said that sometimes folks use a 9 volt battery to operate them. I worked, I unplugged the seat wire and used a 9 volt with a pig tail to move the seat, took several batteries to do it as it would drain each one after I did it.
Anyway good luck with the hunt!

Old 09-27-2015, 07:47 PM

Anyone care to elaborate how the heck the 5th gen rails mount to the 6th gen seats? Because I had to drill an extra 2 holes in the 5th gen rails for the seats to mount to them, and then they sit way to low and the side plastic piece hits the floor and the seat mount. So I removed it, and then with the seat set all the way back, it still feels like I am against the steering wheel.

What did I do wrong? I thought this was a simple swap.......

Last edited by TorqueEffect; 09-28-2015 at 01:10 AM.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You should probably make a new thread, this is a roll call thread