General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

A few visual mods....

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 04:10 PM
dcd
Default RE: A few visual mods....

So do you just pull the decals off with your fingers? what is the correct way to remove them without leaving damage?

I want to remove the "LT" and flexfuel badge on my 07 but I am very paranoid of hurting the paint.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:19 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i used a sticker adhesive remover my dad uses to remove plackards from his truck. it removes all the wax and all too... let ti soke for a second, then use a plastic scraper to pop them off. then use your finger (not your fingernail, your finger) to rub the rest of hte tape off. it shoudln't be as hard on your car because mine had 5 years to set themselves.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

Garrett, i'd say black or silver metallic to match the rim if i were you. i don't see most peoples favorite, red, as working out too well for you.
Yeah, I've got some black metallic paint I used for the axel, bumper, and other parts on my quad I could use. They're black and silver at the moment, black caliper and silver caliper holder, mighty dirty though.

ORIGINAL: Teacher

Has anyone removed the door ding strip down the side of the car? Is it just tape on the back like others? I like the way Garret's looks without it.
Pretty sure it's just tape, I'm pretty sure I've heard of people doing it. Glad mine came without

dcd - It depends on how well they're stuck on. Some of mine came off via just pulling with fingers after letting it sit in the sun on a hot day. Others I had to cut with fishing line or pry with a plastic putty knife wrapped in cloth. Most anyone will agree that heat will defiantly help you out though, softens the tape.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:32 PM

That is the first time I have ever seen blue calipers on a Monte. VERY SLICK!!!

Old 10-10-2008, 07:38 PM

5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

That is the first time I have ever seen blue calipers on a Monte. VERY SLICK!!!
its hte first time i saw blue calipers on anything. i don't think they'd work on anything but a blue car though.

i actually bought two different paitn colors. the first cna i bought went on way too light, almost a sky blue. so i had to go back up down and buy Ford dark blue (i'd encourage any of you to find it at the paint section next time you're at the parts store,the caplooks a TON darker than what it looks like on my brake calipers). it came out as a pretty close match though.

thanks for the compliments!!

Old 10-10-2008, 07:41 PM

if you wanna get them off cleanly you are going to want some adhesic remover yes.... find some plastic razor blades or if you cut a plastic plate in half. and slide it through. (a stouter one) keeping it against the emblem or moulding.

i was thinkin about gettin a little pinstripin down the bodylines on the side. probably a little silver. then on the door pilar there is a little indent where a clip holds the cover on and i was thinkin a little taz (from the cartoon) put there on both sides and on the back next to the SS.
any thoughts?

Old 10-11-2008, 10:56 AM

I like your idea a lot

Old 10-11-2008, 11:43 AM

I've seen blue on a few Vette's.

Sounds cool inssanity, try it out. I've got the pinstripes on my body lines, lighter color than the body so it really helps to accent the lines.

Old 10-11-2008, 12:44 PM

5 Year Member

yeah Garrett, I LOVE those pin stripes lines on your car dude... barelly noticable as there but really makes a difference.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:17 PM

these cars have the lines. some of the best lines. id probably do a silver or i could mask it off and do some blue pearls. but that would require sanding and buffin..... soon i will change the headlights. since im puttin it away for winter i will get them after new years. im also lookin at new rotors or big brake kit but i cant fine one. plus i am seriously considering a cartuning turbo kit. lots of money......possibly worth it

Quick Reply: A few visual mods....