General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

7th Gen ('06-'07): Exhaust Drive By and New Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

jealous!!!

I wish i could find some stretch of road for a fly-by video..

Old 03-14-2013, 11:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
I'll most likely work on mine over Easter weekend, so two weeks.
hopefully by then it will be nice out

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Not so sure about the headlights looks, but its not my ride so doesnt matter
But man that thing sounds great!!
the black in general or the different style? thanks man I wasnt so sure about the exhaust until I heard my video. The different sound is really growing on me.

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
jealous!!!

I wish i could find some stretch of road for a fly-by video..
luckily it is right outside of the town I live in. I havent ever thought of the place before and was the first time I had done a fly by video. The one around 2:20 has to be my favorite on the video.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx

the black in general or the different style? thanks man I wasnt so sure about the exhaust until I heard my video. The different sound is really growing on me.

Oh yeah man it sounds great!!

I was excited to see what these look lie on 7th gen SS's. They look decent but idk, maybe im just so used to the Orange on the corners hard to see it without, looks odd. I think it's something to grow the more i see em around The car looks amazingggg as hell none the less!

Old 03-14-2013, 11:55 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Oh yeah man it sounds great!!

I was excited to see what these look lie on 7th gen SS's. They look decent but idk, maybe im just so used to the Orange on the corners hard to see it without, looks odd. I think it's something to grow the more i see em around The car looks amazingggg as hell none the less!
Yea it throws me off too still. But I really like it not having that amber that sticks out like a sore thumb. Had a few people comment on them while I had it out that noticed they were different. I think it would look good tinting the clear corner a little too. Thanks I appreciate it...I was actually debating putting pics up til I washed and waxed it because it seemed too dusty to me to post pics I guess thats when you know you are picky

Old 03-15-2013, 12:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Yea it throws me off too still. But I really like it not having that amber that sticks out like a sore thumb. Had a few people comment on them while I had it out that noticed they were different. I think it would look good tinting the clear corner a little too. Thanks I appreciate it...I was actually debating putting pics up til I washed and waxed it because it seemed too dusty to me to post pics I guess thats when you know you are picky
A little tint on those clear corners would look awesome!

Looks and sounds great! I think it looks a lot better without the amber reflector

Old 03-15-2013, 12:12 AM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
A little tint on those clear corners would look awesome!

Looks and sounds great! I think it looks a lot better without the amber reflector
We will have to see how Matt's turns out if he decides to do that to his. I think it would look great.

Thanks. Sounds a little bit different than last time you saw it haha Now if the lights leak I am gonna make you take them apart and seal them for me

Old 03-15-2013, 08:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Love the car man, sounds great and those headlights are really nice! I'm sure they'd look Amazing on a black monte (Matt lol)

Old 03-15-2013, 09:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

We will have to see how Matt's turns out if he decides to do that to his. I think it would look great.
I am planning on smoking the side marker a touch when I have mine apart, so we'll see. I played around with the look in Photoshop and I think it looks good.

Frank, I'm anxious to see them on a black Monte too.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
I am planning on smoking the side marker a touch when I have mine apart, so we'll see. I played around with the look in Photoshop and I think it looks good.

Frank, I'm anxious to see them on a black Monte too.
Might as well if you take them apart A tiny chevy decal somewhere in the black area would look cool do those 7th gen Headlights have an indicator bulb behind that reflector? If so what are y'all using? An amber bulb, White Led?

Old 03-15-2013, 10:03 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Franks 03SS
Might as well if you take them apart A tiny chevy decal somewhere in the black area would look cool do those 7th gen Headlights have an indicator bulb behind that reflector? If so what are y'all using? An amber bulb, White Led?
There is one of those small 194 bulbs behind the reflector. I know Stealth Silver makes one but I'm not sure about SilverStar. I'm not planning on using amber bulbs on mine.

Zach, what are you doing with yours? Did you just throw the amber bulbs in for now and are you planning on doing anything different?

Quick Reply: 7th Gen ('06-'07): Exhaust Drive By and New Headlights