General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Evolution of your cars!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Evolution of your cars!

56k guys... this might get kinda big!

Post the cars you've previously had. If you want to show how you changed them when you had it, thats cool too!
Ill start it off...

Ahhh, my moms minivan. this was mine for 75% of the time before I had my first real car.

and, now looking at it,it looked plenty good stock... But, I started modding it up so it had some personality.

I thought id drop in a new CD player with a 3" tv screen and a police scanner in there...

and that brought me to

I ripped out that CD player and put a clarion in... and decided it wasnt worth having the car impounded if I get caught with the scanner in the vehicle. haha

the engine bay was never really touched, so I did some work on that too!

In the end, I wanted some more and redid 90% of the ideas I had before...

shortly after the mods were done, my parents convinced me it was time to sell the vehicle and pick something else up. with LOTS of hesitation, I found a buyer ( a local kid around me) that paid me what I was wanting to get out of it. The car was sold on October 12th if I remember correct. Ive seen it once, and the car is no longer living in my opinion. broken DVD headunit, all my electronics were ripped up and laying around the cabin, back 2 racing seats were sold so he had extra money, and the headliner was ripped down the center.

I bought the current car Im now driving. No story behind it...

now, tell us your story!

Old 02-01-2010, 08:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I wish I could, but I have no pictures of back then

Though this spring I should be able to put something up

Old 02-13-2010, 06:03 PM

here's my story..
i picked up this '95 LS from my grandma in oct 2006 who bought the car brand new in late 1994. i brought it home with 54,000 miles on it. everything was in amazing condition except the original goodyear tires haha.

after a while of owning the car, i wanted to personalize it to how i had pictured it in my head. slowly but surely i was getting there.

driving home to minnesota from chicago last year in january something wasn't right. i was getting low 20's for highway mileage when i normally get at least 30. around the border of minnesota my temp gauge shot up and i felt a shutter.

the coil 2 and 5 blew out, exploding my #5 plug in my cylinder and also blowing the head gasket and melting the piston. and i still made it home on a 4 cylinder running Monte! i was upset. i knew the car was done for. after deciding it would cost a lot to maintain this car a few years down the road, i decided i needed a new one. 2005 LT with 72,000 on it. i bought it a month later for 7500 bucks. it was a steal! i love this car! but nothing will ever make me feel like the old 95 did.

i also made a tribute video to my 95 on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBUuRCoX_8U
i sold her to a buddy for 1000 bucks. he put a new motor in and sold it while i was away at school. i haven't seen it since

here is a photoshop of something that i thought might look cool if i do it.

Last edited by blackbeauty89; 02-13-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:52 PM

I never had a car with good paint like you guys. They are awesome rides however. All my cars started out as crap, some even had crap in them. I been tryin to figure out how to put picks up but for now follow the like in my sig. to see my current project.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:00 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

93 Pontiac Sunbird LE coupe

96 Pontiac Grand Prix SE coupe

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Traded that one in for my Red 03 Monte

Old 02-14-2010, 11:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Hmm my story? These were the best pics of these cars that I have on my laptop so just bear with me lol
Well this was the truck that I learned how to drive with...
My dad's 2001 GMC 3500HD Sierra

This was my first car that I drove around 3/07 to 5/08
1997 Plymouth Breeze,,,didn't do anything to it. Just took care of it the best that I could,,,survivor of an INTENSE flood that happened two days after I got the monte carlo

Also in my first years of driving, I got experience driving the other two cars my family owns...
Our 1999 Dodge Caravan

And my mom's 2007 Mitsu. Eclipse Spyder (ughh gotta love those imports)

We had looked at an Intimidator Monte Carlo in the winter and we were about to buy it but my dad found out that it had been totalled so he didn't want that and so we didn't get it and it absolutely crushed me!

And then one morning I was getting ready for school and I didn't have my glasses on but it looked like the Breeze got longer (lol) so I grabbed my glasses and looked outside and the Monte Carlo was sitting there and I just stood there for a few and looked at my rents, who were sitting on the couch, and was like who's Monte is that? And they were like it's yours!?! OMG I was soooo excited! Got her at the end of May '08 with 185XX miles on her for around $19XXX. Worth every penny so far

I think I got pics of the monte the day that I got it but they're on my other computer. But I can show regular pics of "Before-and-After" so far. Slowly but surely she's becoming a custom Dale Earnhardt Intimidator Edition Monte Carlo

BEHIND BEFORE:

BEHIND AFTER:

FRONT BEFORE:

FRONT AFTER:

Mods done to her so far:
-red stripe around the bottom
-red calipers
-license plate filler
-new silver monte carlo trunk badge
-intimidator trunk badge
-Dale Earnhardt dealership badge on each side of the car
-Tinted windows and visor
and I think that's it so far...got plenty other mods in mind, just gotta find the time, money, and facilities to do so

Oh and of course there's the 1986 Monte Carlo SS Dirt Race Car that is currently under 'reconstruction' but here's a pic of it before the body got torn off.

So yeah anyway that's pretty much it for me, or at least that's the short story

Old 02-15-2010, 11:52 AM

Nice pictures, i am thinking about the silver monte carlo trunk badge. i wonder why the intimidators are black?! doesn't make sense to me. >.>

Old 02-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I made a thread like this a while back. It's actually stickied in the General thread.

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=14676

Old 02-15-2010, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
Nice pictures, i am thinking about the silver monte carlo trunk badge. i wonder why the intimidators are black?! doesn't make sense to me. >.>
My 04 SS Supercharged also has a black monte carlo badge.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:57 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
I made a thread like this a while back. It's actually stickied in the General thread.

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=14676
This one is for previous cars too though

Quick Reply: Evolution of your cars!