General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: Which engine cover color scheme???
100.00%
0%
0%
0%
0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Which Engine Cover Color Scheme???

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 12:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010
Default Which Engine Cover Color Scheme???

Heyy guys! Okay so I gotta another poll for you =D this one is a bit more extreme and longer lol. So I'm redoing my engine cover and idk if I should just paint it up like it was stock except with a high gloss appear or paint it a different way. I got some pics for ya guys to look at and decide which one would be best. Sorry about how bad they look lol i was hurrying and didnt really care that much. But anyway, the red in the pics would match the "SS" on the exterior of the car, the silver would be galaxy silver to match the badges and bottom of the car and then just a high gloss universal black. Okay so here we go and sorry about how big the pics may be....

#1 Stock oh and the "supercharged" would be silver instead of red like in this pic

Okay I think that's it. So yeah check them out and tell me which one you think would look the best! And remember all of the paint is gonna be a high gloss finish. Thanks!

Old 12-02-2009, 01:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

IMO number one looks best. I think giving it a high gloss look would really look nice!

Old 12-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like #1 the best.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

I chose number 1, and also I will throw out that you can buy overlays (so you don't have to paint the lettering) and those can be reflective and add a really nice touch too.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:18 PM

I'll echo everyone else, I like the first. I bought a set of reflective overlays, like Mike mentioned, for my N/A and painted my cover gloss black (just quick rattle can Fusion) and I'm very pleased with the results. Perhaps could have done better on the paint job but I'm not planning on showing the car so few people will probably ever see it... but I do! :p

Old 12-02-2009, 02:31 PM

yeah i'm thinking the first one now too bcuz me and my friend had an idea of having his cousin air brush the legacy symbol on it somewhere...not sure where but i'll figure it out lol. i was thinking maybe beside the letters but i'll try to post a pic of what i'm talking about later. the only thing i'm scared about getting those overlays is that i'll put them on wrong, like uneven or whatever ya know.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Honestly I would be more worried about screwing up the pin-striping or painting of the letters than the overlays! haha

Also, engine covers don't really get THAT hot... so you could buy that D.E. Legacy badge and slap it on there no problem

Old 12-02-2009, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
Honestly I would be more worried about screwing up the pin-striping or painting of the letters than the overlays! haha

Also, engine covers don't really get THAT hot... so you could buy that D.E. Legacy badge and slap it on there no problem
ha yeahh idk i'll msot def think about it for sure. well idk bcuz mine gets really hot bcuz of the supercharged, or at least what i define hot as lol. yeah that would work, my friend was saying to sand down the 3800 Series 2 and put it there but i kinda wanna keep that so idk

Old 12-02-2009, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
...the only thing i'm scared about getting those overlays is that i'll put them on wrong, like uneven or whatever ya know.
Yeah, I know I thought I'd be smart and only apply a couple of letters at a time rather then the whole thing but I STILL rushed myself and... well... Let's just say when anybody does the overlays take your time and have lots of room and light!

Old 12-02-2009, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by JAFO
Yeah, I know I thought I'd be smart and only apply a couple of letters at a time rather then the whole thing but I STILL rushed myself and... well... Let's just say when anybody does the overlays take your time and have lots of room and light!
ha oh boy that doesnt make me feel any better lol

Quick Reply: Which Engine Cover Color Scheme???