General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

- The End of Monte Carlo Production -

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 07:10 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default - The End of Monte Carlo Production -

[align=center]June 20, 2007[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]A day that will be marked in automotivehistory.[/align][align=center]The End of Production of the[/align][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'll drink a toast to the Monte Carlo, it was[/align][align=center]one HOT car !!![/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I shall pray for a return in our future, with new style & power.[/align][align=center]__________________________________________[/align][align=center]Click below for production numbers on the Monte Carlo[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]https://montecarloforum.com/m_17518/tm.htm[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Members, post your thoughts/comments below[/align][align=center][:-][/align]

Old 06-20-2007, 07:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: ~ June 20, 2007 End of Production of the Monte Carlo ~

we will be observing a moment of silence when the last monte rolls off the line @ the factory today

Old 06-20-2007, 07:14 AM

ill drink to that

*buys a round for all of mcf*

drink up fellers tis a somber day

Old 06-20-2007, 11:56 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Borrowed from another Monte site

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=50996

I was going to start a thread titled, "What were you doing at 11am?" but found Space had this one started.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:37 PM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: rj

I was going to start a thread t i t led, "What were you doing at 11am?" but found Space had this one started.

[/align][align=center]Thanks R.J. & Ming for sharing your information[/align][align=center]with our Monte Carlo Family[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Anonymously sent as a news tip. - Ming
Source: Car Plant Auto News[/align][align=center]GMI Staff Member `Ming[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 06-20-2007, 12:56 PM

Nice to know I own an instant classic....although it does sadden me to know they aren't making them anymore or the Grand Prix.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:58 PM

Here is what they are doing with the last two of them

"There are special plans for the last two Monte Carlo models. The last model will be placed in the General Motors Heritage Centre, a contemporary meeting facility filled with 100 years of automotive history, located in Sterling Heights, Michigan.

The second to last Monte Carlo production unit will be sent to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway to appear at the Brickyard 400 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series race on July 29. All Chevrolet race drivers will sign the car and it will be sent to Charlotte, North Carolina for auction."

What away to go out.

Maybe by 2010 or 2011 we will see a new model born.........

Old 06-20-2007, 01:17 PM

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"All Good Things must come to an End"[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]To begin again & bereborn with the style & power[/align][align=center]that's makes the [/align][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo a car to desire, to admire,[/align][align=center]to `drive & toenjoy.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks GM for producing a unique automobile for[/align][align=center]those enthusiast that appreciate the design & love that[/align][align=center]went into the production.[/align][align=center]We look forward to your future offerings of a redesigned[/align][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 06-20-2007, 01:35 PM

so every driver that drive's a chevy in nascar will sign it i gotta have that one !!!!!!!!!!!!!
so it will by a ss model i'm guessing ?right

Old 06-20-2007, 01:46 PM

They are not saying what the two last models were......

I hope its an SS.....
I would like to be able to get in the bidding of it.......

Quick Reply: - The End of Monte Carlo Production -