Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   dyno videos of my turbo monte (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/dyno-videos-my-turbo-monte-34082/)

Zen 02-09-2012 08:51 PM

Very nice:thumbsup:

zipper 02-10-2012 07:34 AM

Very cool Monte! Have fun moving towards that 500whp goal.

One question though, and I may have missed the answer somewhere, but what are you doing with your tranny?

turbo monte 02-10-2012 11:28 PM

my trans was built by tim king, its got hd dif, hardened 4th gear, gm channel plate sleeve, ati 3500 stall converter, valve body upgrades, shift kit, z pac clutches, 7/8 2.93 chain, hardened pump shaft, 300m input shaft. i will try and get ahold of a 1" chain as soon as money allows since i will need it lol

03JGMonte 02-11-2012 01:13 AM

Very nice :thumbsup:

03SSLE 02-11-2012 06:40 AM

:congrats: Nice pull on the dyno.

BUDDZZ 02-11-2012 01:56 PM

Very Nice I have the same kit and am in the process of building a motor. Where did you go for your heads, do you find the car still drivable at 384hp, what gears did you go with in the trans. We could have a good conversation about this becasue like I said I have the same kit and building in the next few months. really like that car

turbo monte 02-11-2012 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by BUDDZZ (Post 419656)
Very Nice I have the same kit and am in the process of building a motor. Where did you go for your heads, do you find the car still drivable at 384hp, what gears did you go with in the trans. We could have a good conversation about this becasue like I said I have the same kit and building in the next few months. really like that car

thanks, i sent a pair of stock low mile heads to matt (janice on cgp) and joe at barnas performance machine, there in Philadelphia pa. i got flow numbers for my heads and there flowing real close to a zzp stage 3 so i was very happy with them. as far as being drivable i will have to get back to ya on that because i really havnt had the chance to drive it. the little i did drive it so far i noticed torque steer like crazy to the point it was almost uncontrollable but i got really crappy tires on it right now so that im sure made torque steer 10 times worse. it idles perfect and at wot runs great but at cruise it still needs some work on the tune so that makes it a little hard to drive right now also. i think once i get good tires and it tuned perfect it will be streetable thou for sure. my trans has 2.93 gearing with a 3500 ati stall converter.

BUDDZZ 02-11-2012 05:40 PM

Yeah tires will make a differance but not drasticly I dont think. I have torque steer now myself but nothing to major but all that will change in the coming months. I'm hooking up my water/methonal injection kit which will allow me to run 14 PSI so torque steer will be a deff. My trans is build by TEP all upgrades except for the 1" chain but Im on the look out for one of those. Trans has 3.29 gears with a 3500 stall as well. You say it idles well witha stage 5 cam thats good to know.

turbo monte 02-11-2012 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by BUDDZZ (Post 419727)
Yeah tires will make a differance but not drasticly I dont think. I have torque steer now myself but nothing to major but all that will change in the coming months. I'm hooking up my water/methonal injection kit which will allow me to run 14 PSI so torque steer will be a deff. My trans is build by TEP all upgrades except for the 1" chain but Im on the look out for one of those. Trans has 3.29 gears with a 3500 stall as well. You say it idles well witha stage 5 cam thats good to know.

I'm thinking tires will make a major difference, the tires on it now r the cheapest generic tires I could find to get it driveable so there really bad lol. I'm only running 13psi right now do to maxing out the maf. R u on a l36 bottom end? If so Idk about u getting 14psi on stock engine just by adding a meth kit and having no knock. I could be wrong thou.

BUDDZZ 02-11-2012 11:28 PM

Hopefully they do make a major differance for you. I've got a stock L36 bottom end in the car right now but I have a L67 motor I'm building progressivly to be put in in the fall. I'm jamming 14psi to it anyways if it blows up just more reason to build the other faster hahaha. What are you planning on doing about the MAF issue?