General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Dyno tuned 2007 SS Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Dyno tuned 2007 SS Monte Carlo

Hey guys I just got my car dyno tuned and this is what it put out.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Default RE: Dyno tuned 2007 SS Monte Carlo

Hi Aaron,
Thanks for posting/sharing your `dyno run.
275+HP, is a really decent.
How many runs did you make ?
I think you are the first one to post for your year.
I heard the Mustangs are hiding from your Awesome
Monte Carlo SS,in Waco, Texas
EnJoy your Power, you are a lucky `man,
4-Sure.
Wish you many `happy/fun/fast miles.
`Space

Old 03-29-2008, 02:16 PM

not to be a kill joy, but what was the parasitic numbers they entered in the dyno? 275 Wheel seems a little high...

I mean, I smoked the ever loving crap out of a 5.3 with intake and exhaust... maybe you have more than that done to your car?

Like I said, not trying to be an *******, but don't want you to start bragging to some of the stangs that are throwing down 275 wheel, and getting your rear end handed to you....

Old 03-29-2008, 02:33 PM

explosive

what numbers are you running? How much did you spend on your car to beat the V8. The V8 driver must not know how to drive...The new V8s have respectable power man

Old 03-29-2008, 02:34 PM

Um, I'm beating 12.9 second mustangs on the street, and GUARANTEED at the strip.

328 wheel.

Old 03-29-2008, 02:36 PM

Oh, and I've smoked many 5.3's before my heavy mods. With just a 3.5, tuning, headers, and t/b, I was running 240 wheel, and still got the 5.3's off the line, which was enough to keep ahead the entire race.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:00 PM

[align=center]Member's[/align][align=center]There is always someone that has a faster car.[/align][align=center]4-Sure[/align][align=center]I don't think a V-8 Monte, & a V-6 Monte[/align][align=center]would run in the same class at a sanctioned NHRA event,[/align][align=center]but Street Racing is a whole different animal.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I've only built up, & raced my blown Honda VTEC,[/align][align=center]and was able to beat many, but then there[/align][align=center]were many that Smok'ed me.[/align][align=center]I was always under `it replacing parts : ([/align][align=center]I'm still paying the price for Street Racing.[/align][align=center]`Keegan, be Xtra careful...`ok[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I really love `Keegan's Monte & what he has done to `it,[/align][align=center]but I also love Aaron's 07 V-8 SS.[/align][align=center]I think they are apples & oranges, but I would like to [/align][align=center]have both.[/align][align=center]~ Peace ~[/align][align=center]What we need to have is a National MCF meet @[/align][align=center]a drag strip to see who has the badest `Monte [/align][align=center]That would be `Awesome : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]If I got another V-6, I would love to get one like [/align][align=center]the one below that was RWD : )[/align][align=center]
Vehicle Info
1987 Buick Grand National
Bragging Rights
[ul][*]1/4 Mile10.12 sec @ 134 mph Verified![*]HP715[*]Weight3590 lbs[*]
[/ul][/align]
1987 Buick Grand National
"Silent Horsepower"

[/align][ul][/ul]
[/align][align=center]http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2526044[/align]

Old 03-29-2008, 08:00 PM

It would be nice to see who had thefastest Monte, all we need is some of these street racer to put them on the track and see some time slips, Also with all those mods some have done some dyno slips would be ok to,

Those BGNare 13 secs 103 out of the box with no fixing. 10 secs was easy to get with them.

Just think we got 4 cyl's that are doing 7 Secs and less now with 150 + mph & 400 + Hp to.

Everyone should be proud of there ride weather it is fast or not, you don't have to be bad to have a good looking ride, It is not always the baddest that wins it who gets to the finish line first. HP does not have reaction at the lights. A lot of races are lost at the light because of reaction time is a little slow. That is why time slips are good thing to look at. Let see some slips and we will know without having togo 800 miles orwhatever to see who has got the best. I know there is a track somewhere in the surroundings.Or a dyno that will show what you got..

No i am not trying to stir the pot just looking for facts. I like to see what you all have got on paper. Street racing, bug humbug nothing to show. No i don't race but i like to see a good drag race or any type of racing for that matter.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:20 PM

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz

not to be a kill joy, but what was the parasitic numbers they entered in the dyno? 275 Wheel seems a little high...

I mean, I smoked the ever loving crap out of a 5.3 with intake and exhaust... maybe you have more than that done to your car?

Like I said, not trying to be an *******, but don't want you to start bragging to some of the stangs that are throwing down 275 wheel, and getting your rear end handed to you....
eh, stock they are about 255-ish at the wheel... so 275 with his tune and mods is definitely doable man...

hell, I'LL betcha I'm beatin' THAT with MY setup/tune...

Old 03-30-2008, 01:54 AM

Come, on now, Keegan, answer the question. How much did all those mods cost you? On top of the initial cost of your Monte, how much do you have into it, altogether?

For the money Aaron has put into his car, (catback, high flow cat, tune, probably $2000 or less) that's a pretty good return on investment, as far as dollar per horsepower, I would say. Can't say for you Keegan, until we know what the true cost is.

I didn't think Aaron was bragging, just telling us what he got.

You ARE bragging Keegan, how much did your bragging rights cost you?

Let's keep it real here, all. If you put enough money into a Chevette, you can build a Vette killer.

Quick Reply: Dyno tuned 2007 SS Monte Carlo