General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Door sill kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Default RE: Door sill kit

ORIGINAL: AwsomeSS

I got some Monte Carlo SS sill plates that are black plastic. They are die cut so the Monte Carlo shows in red. I think that they would be a little more durable that the metal ones, less tendency to scuff them up. I'm not happy at the fact that there is no clear coat in the door jambs so the still plates cover that up nicely.
Where did you get them and can we see a pic of yours?

Jason

Old 12-26-2006, 07:19 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: 06BlackSS

ORIGINAL: AwsomeSS

I got some Monte Carlo SS sill plates that are black plastic. They are die cut so the Monte Carlo shows in red. I think that they would be a little more durable that the metal ones, less tendency to scuff them up. I'm not happy at the fact that there is no clear coat in the door jambs so the still plates cover that up nicely.
Where did you get them and can we see a pic of yours?

Jason
I'll take some pics of them next time I'm at my parents house (the car is being stored there this winter-may be Thur) I was getting some minor front end damage fixed and I had the body shop order them. I will look back at my paperwork and find the part numbers. I don't know if they will fit the 06-07 montes.

Old 12-27-2006, 03:12 AM

Yup just got them this weekend...on Sunday. Will have them installed before the weekend and post pics. I don't like the "monte carlo" cut out ones where they color of the car shows thru. That's why I got these. Besides on '06's it says Monte Carlo on the plastic above the door seal so I thought just the "bowtie emblem" on the door sills would look better.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:40 PM

After digesting the different posts regarding the 06/07 door sill kits, I called my dealer again. The bonehead that works the parts counter originally told me they were about $116 "Trade Price" each. After I explained to him that if they were sold as "each", you would have to specify left, or right side. The light finally went on and I told him all it would take is a phone call to verify.

I can't believe the people they get in these dealerships. I'm about to drop $30,000+ on a new car and I'm ready to spend more money at their store, and they can't take the time to check out a simple question, and would rather lose the sale, for the sake of a phone call. Just plain lazy, if you ask me. Anyway, I ordered a set.

Sure would like to see a pic of a set installed.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Revitupfaster

I can't believe the people they get in these dealerships. I'm about to drop $30,000+ on a new car and I'm ready to spend more money at their store, and they can't take the time to check out a simple question, and would rather lose the sale, for the sake of a phone call. Just plain lazy, if you ask me. Anyway, I ordered a set.
yup, the people @ the dealerships dont generally or know what they're talking about or care for that mattter which sucks cuz they're the only place you can get some of the stuff

i know the guys up @ the chevy dealer in my town are really good, but they can only do as much as the computer tells them

Old 12-29-2006, 03:56 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Was about to order the sill plates, and the price is $105 each.

Are these replacement sills $105 each?

Or $105 for a kit (meaning two)?

Old 12-29-2006, 07:33 PM

After much wrangling about these plate kits, it appears the price for the kit (both sides) will be about $116 Canadian dollars + our ever present taxes of 14%. Apparently this is "Trade" price. (Price as sold to other auto businesses, not the published consumer retail) I think the consumer over the counter price is about $135 Canadian + Taxes.

$135 for 2 pieces of stuff that you won't even see until you open the door. I'm going on what the guys have said in the previous posts and hope they are worth it. Thats why I wish someone would post a pic of what they look like installed. Too late now, I guess I own a set.

Old 12-29-2006, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member

i dont know where they get their prices from...comsumer retail is just list price, which is insanely high, trade price is not really any special price, i think its just something they say to make their customers feel good.i hate buying stuff from the dealer unless i have to

Old 12-29-2006, 07:40 PM

Yea.....I hear you, "Trade Price" what a joke. Just something to make you think you are getting a deal. Oh well $30 in my pocket, better that a kick in the A... with a frozen boot.

Old 12-29-2006, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member

make sure you get pics so we can see what they look like

Quick Reply: Door sill kit