General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Dont ya just HATE when this happen 2 a Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 03:33 PM

Below is for Member `Mike "JG",
another one 2 rebuild....or other member's that have the
ability to repair a 06 SS....Made your bid...
Oh, Buckle `Up....these pic's are a reminder 2 `all......
2006 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO Hits 0 Since 28.04.2010 20:07Color: Black
Millage: 79470 mi
Auction: Salvage Auction
Details with photos ID: 23859878Sale start: 04.05.2010 12:00

Current Offer: $0
Damage : FRONT END
Loss type : Side
Title status : CERTIFICATE OF DESTRUCTION

(Enter $700 or more)

Old 05-03-2010, 03:36 PM

Hello, my name is Johnathan, and am a 16 year old male. I was driving my 1996 Chevy Monte Carlo to school. I was driving down my road at about 35 mph in January when I hit a large patch of black ice.

I swerved out of control serveral feet, and finaly loosing total control after getting in the dirt on the side of the road. After that the car hit the telephone pole head on at 30-35 mph, then spinning 180 deg. stoping in the ditch. The telephone pole cracke din 3 spots the bottom pushed over, the middle part broke, went over my widshield and hit the top of the car and the top part dangled over the car being held by a cable and phone line.

The windshield was not broken by the pole, that was the airbag lid. The paramedics said that if i would not have been wearing my seatbelt i would have probably had much worse that a small scratch on my hand, dislocated thumb, and whiplash. WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS!

Johnnathan
and a message from a kid from `space
Monte Carlo's are SuperSafe vehicles, but their are some objects
that will smash everything...Be Smart/Safe out there on your highways of `life....
That's all ~> Peace/Happy `Out ~>

Last edited by Space; 05-03-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace

Hello, my name is Johnathan, and am a 16 year old male. I was driving my 1996 Chevy Monte Carlo to school. I was driving down my road at about 35 mph in January when I hit a large patch of black ice.

I swerved out of control serveral feet, and finaly loosing total control after getting in the dirt on the side of the road. After that the car hit the telephone pole head on at 30-35 mph, then spinning 180 deg. stoping in the ditch. The telephone pole cracke din 3 spots the bottom pushed over, the middle part broke, went over my widshield and hit the top of the car and the top part dangled over the car being held by a cable and phone line.

The windshield was not broken by the pole, that was the airbag lid. The paramedics said that if i would not have been wearing my seatbelt i would have probably had much worse that a small scratch on my hand, dislocated thumb, and whiplash. WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS!

Johnnathan
and a message from a kid from `space
Monte Carlo's are SuperSafe vehicles, but their are some objects
that will smash everything...Be Smart/Safe out there on your highways of `life....
That's all ~> Peace/Happy `Out ~>
paramedics and police told me if i wasnt wearing my seat belt i would have went straight out my window just like my phone, that was under the arm rest, when i was in my accident.

i have never driven without my seatbelt since, neither should any of you guys. drive safe and smart =]

Old 05-03-2010, 04:57 PM

I'd like to get the spoiler off that car

Old 05-03-2010, 05:28 PM

Its was one of those rare convertible Monte's too.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:01 PM

I don't have pictures of my wreck...but that makes mine look like a fender dender compared to what this car went through! Although mine was also considered totaled...

Old 05-03-2010, 07:11 PM

ya that sucks. is someone parting that car cause ill take the two grilles. please p.m. me if you know something.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:14 PM

so if you are involved in an accident, and your car it totalled... are you able to take out what you want b4 they take it away?

Old 05-03-2010, 07:19 PM

most of the time they give you the option to buy the salvage title, if you own the car. i think my sister bought her not really but considered totaled cavi for 100 bucks. for that car they would probly sell the salvage title for as much as they would get from scrapping it.

it all depends how messed up the car really is and how grimey the insurance company is.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:21 PM

From what I was told, no. But my vehicle was still under a loan at the time, so after taking all my belongings out of the car they said I would not be able to salvage it myself.

Quick Reply: Dont ya just HATE when this happen 2 a Monte Carlo