General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Does it bother you...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

glad to see im not the only one! ahaha. yeah it just annoys me.. the other day i was about to go into work and i saw the guy putting his flyer under peoples windshield wipers.. he saw me at my car so completely avoided me. i go into work. come out. ...! that little. #$%^&*

Old 12-02-2011, 10:41 PM

it bothers me if there is a leaf on my car lol. so if someone does it on purpose if its not a ticket i throw it away with out looking. but i dont like people touching my car either..

Old 12-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

hate those things. i get pissed when ppl think it is ok to touch my car

Old 12-02-2011, 10:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

I think it's an excellent ruse to look in cars for things in plain sight. I'd call the popos on someone walking the parking lot looking in cars. But leafleters, ehhhhh.

I sometimes get thier trash dropped in through the sunroof when its only popped open. Grrrrr.

I was once in charge of facilities at work and had the name on the flyer return to our lot and pick up all the flyers in the lot or I'd call the cops. They came back.

Last edited by Barovelli; 12-02-2011 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Stupid iPad
Old 12-03-2011, 08:08 AM

Mr Monte, Great thread & I think there should be law against putting things on someone's car 4-Sure...They should be arrested & have their arms cut `off
================================
"Hey `Dude, dont' touch my `Ride" or Else

Old 12-03-2011, 01:11 PM

i hate it because most people don't care if they have jackets with metal buttons or wide buckle belts and just lean over the fenders or leave the wiper below the stop

Old 12-03-2011, 01:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

If I see them putting flyers on cars I set off my alarm when they get by it. They usually keep moving after that.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Barovelli
I was once in charge of facilities at work and had the name on the flyer return to our lot and pick up all the flyers in the lot or I'd call the cops. They came back.
Had a friend that work in a parking garage do that to who went through the garage leaving there fliers all over every one cars.
I been to a car show where there was a couple of kids hanging little bags with fliers and cupons for some bar with a band playing.Watched a few old timers rip in to them for it.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It pisses me off too lol

Old 12-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by johnniep
i hate it because most people don't care if they have jackets with metal buttons or wide buckle belts and just lean over the fenders or leave the wiper below the stop
That's exactly why I don't like it when people put flyers under my wiper.

Originally Posted by Barovelli
I think it's an excellent ruse to look in cars for things in plain sight. I'd call the popos on someone walking the parking lot looking in cars. But leafleters, ehhhhh.

I sometimes get thier trash dropped in through the sunroof when its only popped open. Grrrrr.

Good point about the people looking in cars for valuables in plain sight.

My employer did that once when someone put flyers on every car in the parking garage.

The idea of businesses using kids to do this is kinda cowardly in a way. They figure people won't yell or attack a kid like they would an adult putting a flyer on their car.

But I have a question about this.

Is this really an effective way to advertise? Do you, or anyone you know, EVER patronized a business that put a flyer on your windshield? Personally, I've never used any of them.

Another thing that bugs me is other car owners. Case in point...

You park at a mall. The original flyer person puts a flyer under your wiper. Then the owners of the cars on either side of you come back to their car. They take the flyer off of their car, and put it under your wiper also.

But I think most of these flyers end up in one place. Tossed on the ground littering the entire area.

Quick Reply: Does it bother you...