General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Do you intend to keep your Montes forever?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 10:40 AM
1 Year Member
Default Do you intend to keep your Montes forever?

I know some of us have basically said "I do" to our Montes; some of us aren't quite as attached. Where do you see your Monte ten years from now?

Personally, I intend on keeping mine for good. Garage him in a few years and fix him up nice, give him a fresh paint job and perhaps a new engine, do some more intense modifications and bring him back out on nice summer days.

What about you guys? Friend for life (and if so what are your future plans such as mods, etc), or part ways when it starts breaking down?

I am interested in hearing responses

Old 03-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yep Ronda said she is going to bury me in it (LOL)

Old 03-02-2012, 10:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I plan on it. I've known every mile on this car, and really hope to make it a good project.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Yep Ronda said she is going to bury me in it (LOL)

LoL `Tadd,
I heard from the high Space Commander that when you depart that you are going to be able to take your S.S. `Deuce with you to drive it in Monte Carlo Heaven WoW, you've got connections 4-Sure

Old 03-02-2012, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I plan on it. I've known every mile on this car, and really hope to make it a good project.

Yes Mod `Mike is keeping his Monte 4-ever, or until he hits the 100K million miles mark, and then he may decide to leave planet earth for a New Space Ride & that's like 4-Ever-4-Sure

Old 03-02-2012, 11:03 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

I plan on keeping mine forever.. I really wasn't sure what I would do with it when I first got it. Was thinking I'd just do a few exterior/visual mods and a stereo and drive it til it breaks down or I could get enough money for a truck. Not sure why I had that mindset but that changed instantly once I joined the forum. I realize that the Pace Car edition isn't a super rare car but I can honestly say I've never seen another one driving around here in Iowa. I know there are some out there but probably few that are driven almost daily like mine. Although I have seen a 2000 Pace Car once and also a Yellow one a few times, never seen another 2001 though.

In the future I would love to top swap it, probably with ZZP's kit or maybe a Gen V. Also a TEP built transmission. Probably won't get to that until after college. I have a few visual mods such as roof rails and ram air hood that will be done this spring. Might tint the tails and reverse lights too. I'd like to find some 17" wheels like the Dale Jr. Series rims for it someday, almost had a set a month back but didn't work out. I guess the wheels are still on his car or something? IDK lol...

Looking forward to getting a second vehicle some time in 2012 so I can stop driving the Monte almost everyday. Just went over 78K last weekend I would love to put it away and only bring it out on nice summer days, we will see what the future brings

Old 03-02-2012, 11:12 AM
1 Year Member

I'm nearly at 78k myself and it sometimes pains me to drive it so much. I just hope it lasts until I can garage it and throw in a new(er) engine. I hear these cars last pretty long if you treat them right though.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

78K is a joke :p

Old 03-02-2012, 11:17 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Since I special ordered my 03, I will keep that one - too attached to it - and it will stay a show car. The 05 is getting sold or traded in in a couple of months - it was a blast to drive as my DD but I need something with a little less miles on it.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:20 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Won't sell the 2000, ever. The 86, I wanted to sell it but I'm keeping it now.

Why not have a collection of cheap cars?

Quick Reply: Do you intend to keep your Montes forever?