General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

DIY CryO2 setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default DIY CryO2 setup

So as the title says, im gonna make a home made intake cooler mainly cause ive been bored lately and dont want to spend too much money right now..

Any reason not to? Any suggestions or tips anyone feels like throwing out here??

Gonna use a 48oz paintball tank with some high pressure line I have laying around.. Once I have it all up and running ill get a way bigger bottle. I did go out and buy some brass fittings and without it actually being installed in the car, I have it holding the pressure without issue..

Should I keep the bottle in the trunk? I assume I would set off the safety fuse and the bottle would empty if I put it in the engine bay so I guess thats a moot question..

IDK, guess im just "showing off" and plan to add pictures in the next couple days along with whatever tests I might do..

LOL dont even tell me you think its ridiculous..

Old 06-22-2017, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Any reason not to? Any suggestions or tips anyone feels like throwing out here??
The big part I'm missing here is what you're spraying it on to. Are you spraying an intercooler or something?

Also, how are you going to control the flow, with a nitrous solenoid?

If you mount the bottle inside the cabin (trunk), you really need to do some sort of a blow down tube coming off the burst disc just like you would with nitrous. You don't want that thing filling the car with co2 if it pops.

I think the biggest difficulty with CO2 is making enough power to make it worth all the extra weight you're carrying. Certainly some people will just take a bottle and manually spray down an intercooler before a dyno pull or run, but having to carry all of that weight around will offset some power gain. You also want to make sure the air filter is shrouded from where you're spraying as you don't want to dump a bunch of CO2 into the engine.

If the goal is to reduce IATS, have you ever thought about meth or 50/50 injection instead?