General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Disturbing The Peace

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 12:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool Disturbing The Peace

Any other alarm activators in the forum. Your cruising by cars in the neighborhood, or parking lot and your exhaust is setting off alarms left and right. Currently at the dealership getting the 5.3 SS serviced, they crank the car and everyone turns around because of the sound, and having to disarm their alarms....they all looked irritated and I laughed as the service guy gives me a fist pound.

Old 04-30-2016, 01:07 PM
Talking It irritates me that I don't have a S.S> (LOL)

Hi `Joe,
Do you have any vid's or tapes to post on the sounds of your Monte ? What are your mod's to your exhaust ? Did you ever get any tickets for the sound. I've heard about loud sound systems setting off alarms, but not exhaust systems. Yours must really push out heavy vibrations to set off alarms (WoW)...I think I can hear your Monte S.S. here in Florida....Rev it again `OK >

Old 04-30-2016, 02:59 PM

My monte with the cutout open and the vette can do it. I always take it easy in neighborhoods though and try to be as respectful as I can, even during the daytime. I know some people work odd shifts and need to sleep during the day, and others have newborn babies that can be tough to keep asleep.

In a parking garage in a commercial area or something, that's different. Definitely fun to do.

Old 04-30-2016, 03:09 PM

Hi `Chad, I never owned anything that powerful (LOL)..It's good that you are respectful in neighborhoods. Growing up in a senior type beach community the bum's & I were always told to go play someplace else because we were loud. That's why the beach was our playground.

Do you have any vid's of the sounds of your Monte or Vette ?
Please post/share if you do...I'm sure that Joe would like to hear them to, so it wouldn't be a high-jacked thread (LOL)

p.s. If you post them I'll use them to wake up the member's and try to get them to visit the MCF Blog and keep the MCF active...

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 04-30-2016 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Heavy Chevy 08
Any other alarm activators in the forum. Your cruising by cars in the neighborhood, or parking lot and your exhaust is setting off alarms left and right. Currently at the dealership getting the 5.3 SS serviced, they crank the car and everyone turns around because of the sound, and having to disarm their alarms....they all looked irritated and I laughed as the service guy gives me a fist pound.
I have done this before with my 1940 chevy & my 1969 corvette.
My monte has not done this

Old 04-30-2016, 04:19 PM

My 3800 SS is straight piped with some mild mods and makes a pretty good sound that can turn heads when I start it up.
But....
The stereo tends to turn more

Old 05-01-2016, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by BeachBumMike
Hi `Chad, I never owned anything that powerful (LOL)..It's good that you are respectful in neighborhoods. Growing up in a senior type beach community the bum's & I were always told to go play someplace else because we were loud. That's why the beach was our playground.

Do you have any vid's of the sounds of your Monte or Vette ?
Please post/share if you do...I'm sure that Joe would like to hear them to, so it wouldn't be a high-jacked thread (LOL)

p.s. If you post them I'll use them to wake up the member's and try to get them to visit the MCF Blog and keep the MCF active...
Unfortunately I don't have any new videos from the monte. Best I've got is this somewhat old video after I just got the exhaust finished up:

The cutout is located at the base of the firewall - it's a straight shot right down the downpipe and straight out a 3" cutout. With the big cam and the cutout open, it is loud at idle / low rpm. It has a strong resonance in the mid 2000 rpm range, and then quiets a bit just over 3k. Wide open it really gets loud the further you get over 4k.

Unfortunately, I don't have any videos of the vette on the road. I did capture video on the dyno, but the angle is boring and the sound sucks because it was really maxing out the built in microphone. I got the go pro all charged up this afternoon to get some videos while cruising tonight, but it ended up raining enough that I didn't even bother taking the car out.

The exhaust setup is 1 7/8" long tubes with an X pipe and no cats. The axle back is a Corsa extreme. The sound profile is a lot different than the monte. It is reasonably quiet at idle (very similar volume to the monte with the cutout closed), and is barely noticeable for aftermarket exhaust at mid RPM's on the highway. However, WOT over 3k is insane. It is very loud inside the car, and is crazy loud from behind (I only stood behind it on one dyno run, lol).

Old 05-01-2016, 07:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wicked sound clip! My exhaust definitely turns heads when I crank it or hit it hard but is not quite loud enough to set off alarms...yet.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by BeachBumMike
Hi `Joe,
Do you have any vid's or tapes to post on the sounds of your Monte ? What are your mod's to your exhaust ? Did you ever get any tickets for the sound. I've heard about loud sound systems setting off alarms, but not exhaust systems. Yours must really push out heavy vibrations to set off alarms (WoW)...I think I can hear your Monte S.S. here in Florida....Rev it again `OK >
Don't have any of my videos of recent mods..just have custom catback exhaust which originally had magnaflows on them, but I switched to flowmaster 40's because they were louder/more aggressive. Dough Thorley headers, diablew tune, and I had her cammed recently. Really want the turbo charger from cartuning but I haven't been successful in finding someone in Houston to install it. Time will tell.

Old 05-01-2016, 08:03 PM

Thanks Chad and Joe for your replies...We have to encourage members to make more vid's and take more pictures & share with their Monte Carlo Family...Everyone loves vid's & pictures of Monte Carlo's...

`Joe, good luck on finding a good tech to hook you up with a turbo install You should be able to in a big town like Houston...p.s. (I hope the storms didn't hurt your area or your Monte )...

Peace/Out from `Mike