General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Debadging

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 11:41 PM
Photobucket
Default Debadging

Guys, i want to remove that annoying badge thingie up by my rear windows in the back. My montecarlo badge thingies that were on the bottom of the quarter panels like how they were on my 5th gen are already off, the only monte carlo badge I have is the one on the trunk and those two on the roof area. They're ugly and I want them GONE.

My car is red, and I bet the paint discoloration will show horribly. How can I get them off without hurting the car or scratching making a dent?

Old 08-02-2009, 01:16 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Alot of people say fishing line, and then alot of adhesive remover, the 3m stuff works great, then buff it. On mine the previous bonehead *the guy who held my interior pillars up with screws* thought it would be a good idea to hold them on with gorilla glue, so I had to sand to metal and repaint..

Old 08-02-2009, 02:41 AM
Photobucket

Gorilla glue?! WTF?! Man... i bet that sucked.... I hear dental floss and 3m adhesive remover works... I just think those rear window badges are gay plus with no other badges on my car except the trunk ones they look out of place. I can't really wash wax or buff my car cuz of the slammed up driver's side....

the gap between my driver's side fender and door is a little tight... probably because of the dent in the quarter panel.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:51 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Yea Id have that fixed first, just my opinion though, and all those sheild badges are ugly!

Old 08-03-2009, 11:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

why does everyone hate on badges? those things scream history.

But heat it up with a hair dryer, 3m adhesive and dental floss, doubled-up, slow see-sawing action and pull towards you away from the car and with patience you'll have them off.

Sometimes the adhesive stays, use some goo-be-gone carefully and then clean and wax.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
why does everyone hate on badges? those things scream history.

But heat it up with a hair dryer, 3m adhesive and dental floss, doubled-up, slow see-sawing action and pull towards you away from the car and with patience you'll have them off.

Sometimes the adhesive stays, use some goo-be-gone carefully and then clean and wax.

Wife's blow dryer, on the "mega" setting, works wonders on that trunk emblem.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Photobucket

mega??? DUDE.... I do not want to be melting my clear coat.... your cars dont have those ugly *** badges by the rear windows like mine does... They do not belong, the rest of my car is completely debadged except for the trunk... i want it to have a CLEAN look except for the trunk..... Now I was thinking about being a retard and putting chromed out SS badges on it and a chromed out playboy bunny next to it...

yeah. It's official....

Old 08-03-2009, 07:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Don't put SS badges on your 3.4L :P

and the reason we don't have those badges is because they are LS model specific. (besides the front one of course)

Old 08-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

The knight's crest badges on the rear pillars were only on the LS models (6th gen). I haven't seen them on the SS models, except for the one on the front grill.

I'm gonna be removing the knight's crest on my front grill eventually to make way for an SLP grill. Beside's my knights crest is starting to look like it's seen better days.

I wouldn't put SS badges on your 3.4 either.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:52 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I like the Knight's badges. It is history - about the only link to the history of this nameplate.

Quick Reply: Debadging