General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

dealership sticker/decal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
Default dealership sticker/decal?

i wondered if any of you still have the little tag or sticker that dealerships usually put on cars with their name on it. i have never seen one on anyone's here, and wondered if any of you did.

i personally can't stand them on any car, especially our cars. that was the first thing i did when i got my car was take that ridiculous tag off the back before the glue had a chance to stick, haha.

some places have a license plate cover instead - not a fan of that, either.

anyone still have it, and opinions on them?

Old 04-21-2009, 10:57 PM

no that **** came off like 12 seconds after i pulled it into the driveway. I always laugh when i see someone driving around and they have one of those license plate frames and it says something like "Mr. REPO Cars"

Old 04-21-2009, 11:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

hehe yeah. joe schmoe's auto sales. my favorites are the ones that have stickers or plate covers of dealerships that aren't even in business anymore.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:08 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I took mine off, to bad it covered a few chips....

And my parents have on theyre escalade an Ernst trailer hitch and a frame I think, but its ok because they are the most reputable dealer around in my opinion.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:57 PM

as soon as I got the banana home the trunck decal came off with a little 3m adhesive remover and fingernail action. ditched the liscense plate frames and looking good. I personally can't stand seeing that stuff on montes. our cars are too classy for that.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:42 AM

my favorite is when its like "DON REID FORD" on a chevy...

Old 04-22-2009, 02:50 AM

Both of my Monte's came from a place called "Blue **** Auto", and I left the sticker on the old one forever. For some reason I always thought it was funny.

When I saw my new Monte, I thought i would immediately pull the dealer sticker off, but they actually put one on that is chrome and black so it matches the rest of the car. It'll come off sooner or later, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

-Riggs.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I cant stand those things. Unless they are going to pay me to advertise, its comes right off.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

We custom ordered the Monte, and told the dealer if they put a sticker on it, we aren't buying the car :P

He was just simply the middle-man, we weren't buying it off of his lot. He had no rights to put a sticker on my trunk.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:51 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mine came with some dealership sticker for a dealership I never heard of. Kinda in the shape of a signature on the trunk lid. Some strange dealership named "dale jr". Peeled that s*cker off real fast!

Seriously... Mine came with the licence plate frame. Came off as soon as I got the car home. Dealership went out of business last year.

Quick Reply: dealership sticker/decal?