General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Dale Sr. Tribute car

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 10:08 PM

anybody know where i can get that front bumper from? i grew a quick liking to it

Old 03-17-2011, 10:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by Taz
As much as I like Dale Earnhardt, I have to say that car is over done. Many people have a tendency to want to stick as much Dale stuff all over their car as possible, and call it a tribute.

How I would probably re-do that car:

The portrait on the doors would've been better on the hood along with the dates 1951-2001. Removing the portrait from the doors and the dates from the wheel wells. (yes, I know the portraits are air brushed)

Remove the large signatures from the rear quarter panels and put one large signature on the trunk lid in place of the large "Intimidator 3".

Get an "Intimidator" windshield banner. And leave just the 3's on the sides of the car.

I know the portraits are air brushed. It's a nice touch, and I like the portrait. As I already mentioned above, I think it belongs on the hood.

But that's that car.

Personally, I think Brittany has done a much better job at making a Dale Earnhardt Intimidator tribute Monte. Forget the obvious engine difference for a second. Just judging by the look of both cars, I would take Brittany's car over that car in a heartbeat. Brittany's car is a much nicer looking car.

Awww thanks & just to think that she isn't even close to being done =D personally I think people try too hard with their "tributes" which causes them to look like a mess in the eyes of others. I won't even start to type all of the things I would change about that car lol

Old 03-18-2011, 09:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by nighthawk626
anybody know where i can get that front bumper from? i grew a quick liking to it
http://www.dealershipdesigns.com/montecarlo/monte.html

IDK if they still make them honestly.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
http://www.dealershipdesigns.com/montecarlo/monte.html

IDK if they still make them honestly.
thnx. i just realized no support for fog lights