General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Dale Earnhardt Edition # of 3333?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 08:52 PM
1 Year Member

The girl on the phone said it was possible to get s cert but would not give me the criteria you have to meet to get one. She also questioned me. She asked if I wanted the cert to get a collector's license. I may try another call back.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Making a fake certificate of authenticity. Doesn't that kinda kill the idea of a certificate of authenticity? Sure it may look cool hanging on your wall. But it's not worth the paper it's printed on.
X2 , Don't Fake it..

Old 05-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

They're gonna make you prove you own the vehicle. They'll ask you for proof of ownership. I say if it doesn't cost you anything, or very little, go for it. If you care about the collectability/authenticity of your Dale Sr edition, get the certificate. If you could take it or leave it, and don't really care that much, stick with just the letter they're gonna send you.

If it was me, I'd want the certificate. But that's just me.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:27 AM

thats the one thing along with low miles we looked for when we bought my dads 02 earnhardt edition. the coa. we found a couple that were priced really low with low miles but they didnt have the coa and to me not having the coa makes the car less collectible, the paper is cool to know what # you have but when you go to car shows and just have a paper saying what # it is, its not as cool as pulling out the coa or having the coa sitting in a frame on the dash with the car.

Now i have never heard of them remaking the coa either, that seems kinda weird, they told me and my dad when we called to get a 2nd coa for his car that all they could send us was a paper and they are not allowed to remake a coa or make any sort of coa for it other than the paper.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:53 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 02 Earnhardt Monte Carlo SS
thats the one thing along with low miles we looked for when we bought my dads 02 earnhardt edition. the coa. we found a couple that were priced really low with low miles but they didnt have the coa and to me not having the coa makes the car less collectible, the paper is cool to know what # you have but when you go to car shows and just have a paper saying what # it is, its not as cool as pulling out the coa or having the coa sitting in a frame on the dash with the car.

Now i have never heard of them remaking the coa either, that seems kinda weird, they told me and my dad when we called to get a 2nd coa for his car that all they could send us was a paper and they are not allowed to remake a coa or make any sort of coa for it other than the paper.

Goint to try and get it. Sometimes you get different answers from different people. I will let you know. Cool that you have yours signed.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:56 PM

I got lucky when I bought my 2004 Dale Jr. The original owner still had the COA in a frame as well as the original window sticker. Good luck on getting yours.

Wayne

Old 05-21-2015, 10:06 PM

The production number of my Dale Earnhardt Edition Monte Carlo SS is not part of my VIN number. I am looking at my Certificate of Authenticity and the "Production Sequence" number (which one of the 3333 that were built) is not included anywhere in the VIN number. However, I believe the VIN number is correlates to the Production Sequence number because the letter that came with the certificate says: "This certification authenticates your limited-production 2002 Monte Carlo SS Dale Earnhardt Signature Edition by showcasing the unique Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and your car's specific sequence number." I would think you could contact Chevrolet and give them your VIN number and they should be able to tell you which one yours is.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

This thread is nearly 3 years old and the question at hand was resolved...

Old 09-03-2015, 06:34 PM

It maybe an old post but what the hell,nobody whine about it.
This is from GM
Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your request.

We have researched the information and determined that your 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Intimidator SS Limited Edition (VIN: xxxxxxxxxxx) is number 2,964 out of the 4,000 that were made.

If this would be helpful, we will be more than glad to process a Certificate of Authenticity for your vehicle. Please reply to this email with your confirmation and verified mailing address if you want us to do so.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'd be interested to see what shows up, but it's more than likely a letter of authenticity, not the certificate. Thats what i was given.

Quick Reply: Dale Earnhardt Edition # of 3333?