General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Custom Dials

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Default Custom Dials

Anyone know a good internet site to find custom dials for the monte carlos. besides speedhut.com?

Old 03-06-2006, 11:33 AM
Default RE: Custom Dials

Not a speedhut fan???

I've had mine in for a little over a year now and I still love em.. What are you looking for? Color? Design?

Old 03-06-2006, 02:31 PM

i like what speed hut has to offer, i just think thay are way over priced for a simple peice of plastic that you put inplace of the stock piece of plastic. I have bought a complete assembly for my 01 mustang gt before for that price.

Old 03-06-2006, 03:01 PM

Speedhut places gauges on Ebay for our Monte's occasionally much cheaper than a direct buy. I got mine off Ebay from what I remember to be around $50 shipped. White, red flames, blue to green indiglo look. I have had no problems with them at all, so far. (Knocks on wood)

I have not seen many other vendors for our Monte's. And those that I have seen were not as good as the SpeedHut gauges.

Old 03-06-2006, 07:39 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

i want some they just wont tell me if they work in the 2005s

Old 03-06-2006, 07:56 PM

The cluster setup is/should be the same for 2000-2005. I forgot the guys name I talked to over at SpeedHut but he was very helpfull.

Old 03-09-2006, 03:21 PM

~ EBAY SPEED HUT LINK~

This is the exact set of gauges I purchased. $59.95 Buy it now + $6.99 Shipping...

i want some they just wont tell me if they work in the 2005s
Send me a picture of your gauge cluster when you get a chance...

Old 03-09-2006, 04:53 PM

Are you guys talking about the gauge faces? I saw some on PFYC.com (I think). These were just the white face to replace the stock black gauge face. How hard are they to install? I wouldn't mind changing mine out.

Old 03-10-2006, 11:45 AM

On a scale of 1-10 these were a five to install.

You have to pull your cluster out of the dash and tear it apart. I have a ton of pictures I can send you if need be.

A few suggestions:

When pulling apart the dash make sure your ign key is removed. I had to replace the ignition switch because I think I hit the key while removing the cluster/insturment cover.

Make sure you plug your hazzard switch back up when you put it all back together. (The car wont start without it)

Blow out the cluster before you put it back together with compressed air. (I've noticed some debris I left behind when I did mine)

All in all, it was a fun project. The color scheme of mine is an Indigo blue that can be changed to green.

Old 03-29-2006, 01:22 PM

i have a set of speed hut i will seel to any one !! they are from speed hut unopend!!! and i have the inverter to go with them also
they are white faced with the red flames on them

Look just like mointe jazzes i belive. Give me a good pricve i can get them in the mail in less then a day and have them on thier wayJust let me know I hate having them around here knowing they could get damaged.

I have had mine on for as long as monte (atcually longer becuse he is so slow :-) ) but i love them and they work good and i get alot of complments on my guages

Quick Reply: Custom Dials