General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Cully Bought Another Monte

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 07:46 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008
Default RE: Cully Bought Another Monte

Awesome! Congrats!
I was actually looking at a red '07 when my DE Edition sorta fell in my lap. I orginally wanted the DE anyway but if I couldn't have gotten it, it would have been a red one no doubt. My vehicles are always red or black

Old 01-15-2009, 02:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

move down to the south with me where you can enjoy your car year round... heck i just waxed mine in the dead of winter time!
What's this? I drive mine in the winter, granted I don't enjoy it as much as in the summer.

I actually get to wash my monte this weekend, first time since the middle of November. It had layers of dirt atleast 5mm thick over break but I never got a chance to wash it as I was only home 7 hours a day, the rest was spent at work. Can't wait to get my own place somewhere that has a paved driveway...

Old 01-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

that looks awesome! congrats

Old 01-15-2009, 07:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks guys, i'm itching to drive it right now, but I don't want to be out in this weather for any reason right now, it sucks so bad. I would move to a warm climate in a second if I wasn't so attached to the midwest in terms of family/friends.

My friends were happy I bought this instead of the other car I was consdering.... a (new) volvo c30. Complete opposite cars. I am 100% positive I made the right decision.

Edit - I think my car is Victory Red, not precision red... precision is a little darker i think... anywho, i like my red better than the other!

Old 01-16-2009, 09:06 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Ya I was going to ask you about the color - because mine is Victory Red and I love it and it looks the same as my car, and I doubt that Chevy would come up with another red paint code so similar.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Don't take it out, no matter how much you are itching to.

My parents have a 2006 SS, and in the winter time my car blows theirs away with handling.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:41 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Ya I was going to ask you about the color - because mine is Victory Red and I love it and it looks the same as my car, and I doubt that Chevy would come up with another red paint code so similar.

Don't forget Chevy once called silver "Galaxy Silver."

Then in 2006 it became Silverstone Metallic.

As far as I can tell it's the exact same color, but a different paint code.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:52 PM

Cully, I am jealous!! She is beautiful. I test drove one recently and loved it.

Side note: I believe "Galaxy Silver" might have been changed for "Silverstone Metallic" in 2005. My '05 LT is Silverstone Metallic. I have the AVS taillight covers that I purchased from PFYC. I want to paint to match body colour and contemplated doing it myself. I can only find Galaxy Silver paint anywhere I go, no Silverstone Metallic. So I think that they might be exactly the same. Comparing a silver '02 to mine, I can't tell the difference.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:31 AM

very nice car and red sucks it looks nice but cops c it so much i got a dale jr so i know what its like. speeding ticket 3rd day i had it

Old 01-17-2009, 02:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member

Biigg - The test drive is what sold me! except on a different SS because the one I test drove was in poor cosmetic shape

woo finally got the battery jumped today and dropped it at the dealership (it died the day after I bought it)

Pretty annoying that they sold me a car with a bad battery, but hey, free battery now

Quick Reply: Cully Bought Another Monte