General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Couple near future visual mods.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:16 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Couple near future visual mods.

Hey guys sort of an update here. I picked up a Supercharged decal from amazon for my front windshield and also some new tails The tail lights should be here by the 28th if I remeber correctly. And I'll have some updated pics with them in. Haven't got around to getting the banner on yet but hopefully soon. so in the meantime heres some pics for now. Sorry cars a bit dusty in the pics.

Attached Thumbnails Couple near future visual mods.-2012-06-139518.28.36.jpg   Couple near future visual mods.-2012-06-139518.29.16.jpg   Couple near future visual mods.-2012-06-139518.29.26.jpg   Couple near future visual mods.-2012-06-139518.29.33.jpg   Couple near future visual mods.-2012-06-139518.29.48.jpg  

Old 06-21-2012, 01:17 PM

The first series of pics is just showing what I bought the pics of the car are attached below.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The same lights I have, they are great!

Old 06-21-2012, 03:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Have you ever had any issues with those lights? Also did you seal them up any more than what they came as? Just curious because I love them but I had an issue with aftermarket tails on my Explorer and I ended up having to reseal the edge of them and it kind of ruined the look because I got to them too late after the inside had already seen damage (the explorer ones were also a lot cheaper and probably cheaper made)

Either way they look amazing and really look sharp on black Montes

Old 06-21-2012, 03:15 PM

15 Year Member

Never had an issue with them.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

The only advice I have on the windshield banner is on the curve of the word "Supercharged". Or the lack of it. Most (if not all) aftermarket windshield banners are printed perfectly straight, and don't take the curve of the windshield into account. That's something only factory decals and custom cut decals take into account.

The Supercharged windshield banner in the picture seems to look okay to me. But I've seen some banners where the center of the word touched the windshield molding. And the left and right ends of the word were well in the path of the wiper blades, and looked like crap. I bought one for my previous car from an autoparts store. Didn't even leave it on the car 5 minutes before I ripped it off and tossed it.

Everyone that I've read who bought those LED tails said they like them. You could put some extra seal on them if it makes you feel better. As long as nobody can see it, go for it.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I'd seen them before but what sealed the deal to me was seeing them on your car. They looked so good on the pictures you had I had to get them.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
The only advice I have on the windshield banner is on the curve of the word "Supercharged". Or the lack of it. Most (if not all) aftermarket windshield banners are printed perfectly straight, and don't take the curve of the windshield into account. That's something only factory decals and custom cut decals take into account.

The Supercharged windshield banner in the picture seems to look okay to me. But I've seen some banners where the center of the word touched the windshield molding. And the left and right ends of the word were well in the path of the wiper blades, and looked like crap. I bought one for my previous car from an autoparts store. Didn't even leave it on the car 5 minutes before I ripped it off and tossed it.

Everyone that I've read who bought those LED tails said they like them. You could put some extra seal on them if it makes you feel better. As long as nobody can see it, go for it.
I had thought of that after ordering it. My uncle runs a local NASCAR diecast store and goes to many dirt tracks around Iowa. He's made a lot of friends that way since he loves to talk anyway I totally spaced off a local company Grainger Vynls (idk how to speel it which is sad since I know them ) anyway my grandparents told me I should have had them just make one. So if all else fails I'll have them make it. When I have them put it on for mye I'm going to talk to them about getting a knights crest made up like my buddy Midnight02s and have them try acouple different color combos and such like silver with red or silver with some black inside it. Just kinda hard to mod much right now because I don't work much in summers due to working at a college which I plan at staying at for at least 1 more year. I'd like to get tint though next. when money allows it,

Old 06-21-2012, 03:57 PM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
I'd seen them before but what sealed the deal to me was seeing them on your car. They looked so good on the pictures you had I had to get them.
Thanks a lot!!!

And to think... pictures don't even do them justice!

Old 06-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

In my efforts to come up with forum window decals, I've run into a common problem. And that is font. Many places didn't want to deal with custom fonts. Only regular fonts they could find on the internet or had already on file.

Most of the fonts GM used were custom made for them. And only the letters they needed were created. Like the 6th gen Monte Carlo font. Custom made. Vynil graphics/sign places have to do a lot more work to make a decal for a font that doesn't exist anywhere but in GM's office.

Most places told me they won't deal with copyrighted fonts, or I'd have to buy a bulk quantity for it to be worth their while.

The good news is that many of the more popular automotive fonts have been cloned, and are available on the net. You just need to do a google search for fonts to find them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Couple near future visual mods.