General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Comeback of RWD?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Default Comeback of RWD?

A V-8 thrown back in the monte was definately a sweet move, Ive heard that the Impala is set to be RWD at the end of 07, has anyone heard this aswell? Any news of a RWD monte?

Old 12-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Default RE: Comeback of RWD?

The Monte is definitely in its last year. I am good friends with the plant maintenance foreman at oshawawhere they are builtand he tells me the Monte is finished. For how long..noone knows. But they are going to be re-tooling for the camaro coming out. He told me to hang on to my monte and keep it in good shape. The V8 models could be worth some more money in the future.

Old 12-24-2006, 05:13 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

the problem is that the day of the rwd car i think is over, it is now more cost efficient and fuel efficient to drive a front wheel drive, even if it has a v8 in it.

i know this sucks, but its true, its easier to pull a car than it is to push a car

dont get me wrong, its not like i favor front wheel drive, because i would much rather have a rear wheel drive car over a front wheel drive car(mainly cuz of burnouts lol ) but i just can't see it happening again

Old 12-24-2006, 07:31 PM

Throughout the many postings, expert opinions and the like that I have read recently, it sounds to me that the Impala is going to be RWD in 2009. Apparently based on the same architecture as the new Camaro that is going to be built in Oshawa. The new Malibu issupposed to look somewhat like the new Saturn that just came out, and since the size has been expanded somewhat, there is some thought that the Malibu may steal sales from the Impala series. This being the case, there is talk that the Impala may be up-scaled into a "Higher end" type car, getting it out of the "Rental" unit image. Who knows, I don;t even think GM knows for sure yet whichsegments the models will be aimed at.
I don't think you will see a "NEW" Monte until GM feels the public is ready for the next "Full Sized" 2 door coupe. I'm ready now, but 2 door vehicles in full sized form just don't seem to cut it with John Q. public. Oh well I'm sure eventually with all the "Retro" models seeming to make big impacts, at least in the short term. we will see a new Monte someday.

Old 12-25-2006, 04:53 PM

No way! I never heard anything of this, I guess discontinuing the Monte could be both good and bad, that sucks. So 2007 is the last year possibly for it?

Old 12-25-2006, 06:30 PM

i posted it on here somep lace also i had a chance to talk with Fred simmons of G.M. and he confrimed it to me that the 07 model year of the motne was goign to be the last year of it. So i guess we all have to just resing to the fact that we will never buy a new car again LOL ;-0

Old 12-25-2006, 08:15 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

............, it sounds to me that the Impala is going to be RWD in 2009.

I've heard the same thing, even at dealers. The Impala will be coming back as RWD.

Old 12-26-2006, 12:34 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I did here that the Impala was going to be RWD too. What would be so cool if they brought back the 2 door Impala hard top. One of my favorite models is the 67 with a 409 of course!

Old 12-28-2006, 12:43 PM

Yeah, no RWD for the Monte. Might come back in the future through.

Old 12-28-2006, 08:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Back in 94-95 the Impala wassimilar to the Deville. The Cadillac will return to RWD in '10. Maybe the Impala will once again be of the same upscale line as the DTS. A 2-door Impala SS could once again be a nice option but probably not a reality.

Quick Reply: Comeback of RWD?