General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Chipgaurd

Old 04-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Default Chipgaurd

Anyone had experience with this "Chipguard" www.chipguard.com by 3M or equivalent. As I understand it, it is basically a clear bra.
I'm thinking of getting this install. Wondering what the verdict is on this stuff.

GWN

Old 04-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Default RE: Chipgaurd

I have heard nothing but good stuff about it. I have also seen quite a few dealers in my area offer it on new cars.

My poor Monte has taken such a beating from rocks especially on the hood that I may have to get a whole new hood. (Maybe one with RAM air)

Old 04-12-2006, 04:58 PM

This is the problem with the low front ends on these newer montes. I remeber the old 1980 monte we had didn't get as beaten up.
Even the crapy old sunbird I had took a beating and I did have to get a new hood form the wreckers for it.

Since I've seen what some of the other guys have been doin' I too have been thinking of a ram air setup.

I think it will be muffler,
Pace Car (Nascar) style spoiler
Rear ground effect bumper add on
Tires and Rims
and then possibly RAM AIR.

My wife says you guys put far to many ideas in my head.
Got to like it[sm=gears.gif]
GWN

Old 04-12-2006, 05:42 PM

Funny, I've not thought about blaming you guys for my crazy car mod ideas..... It might just work....lol

But they are grand ideas I must say... I can give you a bunch more ideas beyond your current list if needed... [sm=devilangel.gif]

Search this Thread