General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

ChibiBlackSheep has been busy...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 09:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default ChibiBlackSheep has been busy...

In the past couple of months, I bought a whole bunch of stuff for the Monte, and was mostly waiting for a nice day to put most of it on. So far in the cold weather I put on the GMPP Cat-Back exhaust system, because I had a pretty bad leak in my resonator and it was annoying me too much so I decided to just do the swap in 15° weather (not fun). I also bought the Bermuda Black LED tails for my Monte, and swapped those on that day. Took no time at all and looks amazing. The rest of the mods sat in a basement until a nicer day came along.

So this weekend was really nice weather, roughly 70 and very very sunny (got burnt a little working on the Monte)

Tuesday last week, I put on a ZZP Stage 1 HVTB.

On Saturday I had to fix one of my brake lines, one of the valves went south on me and I was dripping very very slightly.

Then I decided to finally find out where the leak I had was coming from. Whenever it rained, I would go out to my car and find water dripped down the sides of the inside cabin and onto my carpets on both sides. Originally I thought it was from the Cabin Air Filter, but I replaced that, and put in a permanent fix piece (that the newer Montes have) but still had the leak. Well I figured out my roof rails aided in breaking the seal of my windshield. So I ripped off the roof rails and siliconed everything back up the best I could (don't know if this fixed it yet or not, since it needed time to cure so I'll find out later today) If that didn't work it's going to be new windshield time But at least I was able to properly put the roof rails on my car, and they aren't popping off near the end anymore.

I also was able to find a black 2006 Monte Carlo SS being parted out and grabbed the stand-up spoiler, because it bolts up directly with the holes for the surfboard spoiler that I had on my car. This was really easy, just pop off the 4 screws and give it a good tug. However the surfboard spoiler after 10 years of moving around and being pushed on (etc. etc) took a few scuffs at my trunk-lid, so I'm going to get that repainted at a body shop since the new spoiler didn't quite cover it up completely. While I'm there I'm going to have them paint my SLP Grille so it will perfectly match the car, so I didn't put that on this weekend.

My last thing was that I was able to purchase a used set of black housing headlights. I also bought a few silverstar bulbs to throw in because these headlights don't project light very well (but with the silverstars and proper alignment I'm happy) That obviously was very straightforward swap... I also used some clear silicone and redid all the weather stripping on the lights since they were peeling in places.

Now after the long wall of text, let's have some crappy cell phone pictures (in a couple months when I'm done with the car and can clay it, put on the SLP, de-badge, etc. I'll pull out the DSLR for a good photoshoot)

Hope you all enjoy

-Adding tinted reverse lights-

Last edited by ChibiBlackSheep; 06-11-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Lookin GREAT Mike! As i've said about 100 times already, I LOVE the stand up spoiler! :P Those headlights look great too!

Old 03-22-2010, 10:25 AM

15 Year Member

Yeah the car is really starting to come together!!!

I can't wait to put on the last few things

Old 03-22-2010, 10:46 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Very nice Mike!!

Old 03-22-2010, 10:54 AM

Very nice, it's gonna be looking like a whole new car when your done.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:16 AM

who wait youy had the sufboard rear wing thats wiered. at least you will have some thing to sell on ebay to make up some money same as the throtel body after you clean it. thats the other bright side

Old 03-22-2010, 11:21 AM

15 Year Member

in 2000 there was no high sports kit, or stand-up spoiler. (besides the pace-car)

in 2001 you could buy it as an option on your car.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:29 AM

Mod `Mike,
"For the Love of your Monte Carlo 4-Sure"
Really like every mod that you've done to your AweSome SS
You sure have gained volumes of knowledge of your
Monte Carlo. Plus, you freely share/help member's
with their problems.
Thanks for sharing not just your pictures, but your
experience and knowledge.
Wish you continued trouble `free, happy, fun miles.
Now, are you going to enter your SS in Shows ?
I'd vote 4 U 4Sure : )
Good Luck

Old 03-22-2010, 11:36 AM

15 Year Member

When I get my Daily Driver, this Monte will get a new paint job... then I think I'll be willing to show it

Old 03-22-2010, 11:42 AM

`Mike, I understand 100 %
That's what's holding me back from getting another Monte ...I want a garage for my Monte to be protected , & I already have a daily driver.~~> the BeachBumVan : )

I don't want a SuperSuper Monte that has to sit `out in the salt air from the ocean, and all our tropical storms & hurricanes. Good things are worth wait'in for : )
What are your choices for a daily driver ?

Quick Reply: ChibiBlackSheep has been busy...