General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

check this out

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Default check this out

i was goin to the libarary close to my house and this beautiful thing was in the parking lot

Attached Thumbnails check this out-77877583.jpg   check this out-f8364907.jpg   check this out-30747312.jpg  
Old 10-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Nice!

Old 10-05-2010, 05:19 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Very nice 72!

Old 10-05-2010, 05:45 PM

It is nice. i would almost feel bad as I was keying it for creative parking.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Why? Its not like he is taking up spaces right by the door. Looks to me like he is parked out of the way.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by mrl390
Why? Its not like he is taking up spaces right by the door. Looks to me like he is parked out of the way.
If someone is parking far away, and intentionally taking two spots to protect the car, they park dead in the middle. A person who drives a car like that, but takes two spots in that manner, simply does not care. This type of parking job is commonly done just away from the pack, but within the area of "sudden rush" parking.

...oh, and Im not saying I would be justified, I would just do it. Man is flawed by design.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:09 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I regularly take two spaces when parking in a lot. Some times I park across two spaces. Cause I've had other jack@$$ people intentionally park right up against my car before. In an effort to pizz me off I'd say.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've been on both sides of this arguement before. At different times obviously.

The way I see it now, is if I want to keep my car in nice shape and decide to take two spots, I'm going to do it in the back row. Not in the "sudden rush" area as Snyderman put it. But I generally don't take two spots. Only on very rare occasions.

When I park anywhere else in the lot, I take one spot. But there's an important issue that I'm surprised nobody has brought up yet.

Most businesses have severely narrowed their parking spaces. In order to accomodate more cars. But this has caused cars to be cramped together really close. A lot of times you can't even get your door open to that first notch in the hinge before hitting the car next to you. The parking spaces are sized to accomodate a sub-compact car. If you drive anything larger than a Honda Civic, you're car is pretty much shoe-horned between two other cars.

With the price of paint jobs being so expensive, people who value the damage-free look of their car, are somewhat forced to take two spots. Because of the greediness of the parking lot owner.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
With the price of paint jobs being so expensive, people who value the damage-free look of their car, are somewhat forced to take two spots. Because of the greediness of the parking lot owner.
Skinny spots are all the rage around here! This being a college town, apartment complexes are by far the worst.

I am a far away parker of course, but further than that, I require a "Jon Approved" parking spot. To qualify, a spot MUST:

1. Be away from the pack and sudden rush area
2. Border at least one natural barrier (i.e. curb, median, etc)

The Monte must be parked as close as possible to that natural barrier, so as to allow maximum distance anyone who might park next to me to not ding my door.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Snyderman you are just like me than. I Always park next to the end of a lot, only 1/2 as much damage to worry about if you don't have a car on both sides.

Quick Reply: check this out