General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

CAR RAMPS

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 10:49 AM
Default CAR RAMPS

My car has the lower skirts and air dam on it and I wanted to get a set of ramps to drive the car onto to change oil, etc. Has anybody found a good set that won't damage the car?And where can I find such an animal? Right now I just use a set of floor jacks to lift the car. Ramps would make it real easy.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Default RE: CAR RAMPS

I have yet to find a set. The only thing I could recommend at this time is to contruct your own with 2x4's and 3/4 plywood. They are going have to be made very long as well. You will be looking at 6 foot ramps.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:11 PM

Thanks for the reply. I was afraid that the answer was to build a set. You are probably right about them having to be 6ft. long.Even if I built a set of ramps, then I would have the problem of storing them. I guess it is just not worth the effort. I'll just stick to my floor jacks.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

http://www.discountramps.com/low_profile_car_ramp.htm

These Race ramps low profile car ramps for low clearance vehicles are the car ramp for the sports car enthusiast. These ramps were designed with a gradual incline to meet the clearance needs of vehicles like the Corvette C5's and Corvette C6's, Dodge Viper, Porsches, Ferrari and the new Mustang without the need for extensions like other car ramps. These unique car ramps come in two sizes. The low profile race ramps have no sharp edges that could scratch your cement or painted floor and they will never rust. These ramps are manufactured from polystyrene and encapsulated with a high performance polyurethane which means super light weight (only 10 lbs. each) and allow each ramps to hold 1500 lbs. These low profile car ramps come with straps for easy carrying or so you can hang them up in the garage. If you have a low profile sports car like a Chevrolet corvette, the race ramps can quickly and easily give you access to the under body to change your oil, check the transmission or simply inspect the underbody of your precious sports car. These low profile car ramps will not slide while you are driving your car onto them and have proven to be skid free on most surfaces. If this is not the car ramp you are looking for, then check out our complete line of car ramps
Click the pictures below to enlarge
Race-R Ramps

Race-R-XT Ramps

Features of the Low Profile Car Ramps:
[*]Light weight but strong, a pair holds up to 3000 lbs.[*]100% Solid on all Planes. Solid Core[*]Built of one solid piece making them durable and sturdy[*]Will work on any level surface and are easy to drive onto[*]Will not damage your hot asphalt, cement, or painted floors of your garage[*]Will accommodate sports cars with wide tires[*]Low Profile car ramps are ideal for use with low ground clearance vehicles like Corvettes[*]Check out our new Show Ramps [/ul]

Old 09-27-2007, 04:55 PM

Here is what I was told by a mechanic..

Buy a low-pro floor jack... and two decent stands...

Jack one side up, put the stand in, and then jack the other side, and put the stand in place..

Then underneath the wheels, put a stop block, or something to prevent the car from falling on you if one of the stands fail.

Piece of cake

Old 09-27-2007, 05:11 PM

And here is what type of a lo-pro jack you would need..

Sears Lo-Pro 4 inch Jack..

Old 09-28-2007, 02:38 PM

SolaraSlayer,
That site is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
The only problem now is that I see several different ramps I could use for different things. I'll have to put them on my wish list.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:56 PM

ExplosiveSoundz,
I looked at your web site and will watch as you add more things to car. I too want to add proformance parts a little at a time. If you change something and it really doesn't seem to help make the car faster, please let us know. Likewise if you discover an add on that make a day/ night difference, make sure you spread the word. Shouldn't your name on here be RollingRockz? After all you live in Latrobe.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:23 PM

I will most certainly keep you guys updated! As far as rolling rock, it is no longer made in the glass lined tanks of old latrobe, they have been bought out and moved to new jersey...

Old 09-28-2007, 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz

I will most certainly keep you guys updated! As far as rolling rock, it is no longer made in the glass lined tanks of old latrobe, they have been bought out and moved to new jersey...
That is a bummer about Rolling Rock!

Quick Reply: CAR RAMPS