General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Can you think of anything else?

Old 02-25-2008, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Can you think of anything else?

I am about to order
-ZZp front powerlog ceramic coated
-ZZp crossover pipe ceramic coated
-ZZp hv3 intake insert
-ZZp throttle body heat shield
-ZZp throttle body spacer (i figured for 25 bucks why not)
-GMPP rear trailing arms
-PFYC black headlights and stealth bulbs

i am thinking about getting the poly motor mounts but i think that my be to ruff of a ride with the 20's. Also i cant remember which ones were the stiffest was it intense or zzp

Is there anything else yout hink i should think about getting now.

i will probably get the 1.9 rockers and springs in the summer or next year with the larger throttle body but for right nowi think this is good.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Default RE: Can you think of anything else?

Mount toughness.

ZZP
Intense
3800Performance.

Keegan (Explosive Sounds) has a set of used Intense mounts because he wanted the stiffer ones. I'd chat with him

It would be a good mod as you only notice any vibration at idle and it isn't really that noticeable. Also since you have 20 inch rims you could use the extra torque they give to get the car moving.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:30 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i'd like to know more about that HV3 insert... i just don't see how putting something in my intake will help me... but hey, who knows....

read about the car they tested the insert on... it had rockers, cam.... etc....

Old 02-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep

I see you are getting the trailing arms, what about the rest of the GMPP handling kit? Also upgrade yout rear end links.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

i'd like to know more about that HV3 insert... i just don't see how putting something in my intake will help me... but hey, who knows....

read about the car they tested the insert on... it had rockers, cam.... etc....
i think if i am not mistaken the intake already has an insert in it this is just a better one.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Donutboy97

I see you are getting the trailing arms, what about the rest of the GMPP handling kit? Also upgrade yout rear end links.
that was one of the major things i was debating on between the headlights or the swaybar kit i decided to go with the headlights for the car show season i might get them in the early summer but we will see.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:19 AM

Are the ceramic coated front powerlog/ported manifold and crossover pipe really worth it? I mean, $60 for the crossover and $410 for the powerlog/manifold if you want them both ceramic coated is quite a bit of money. Having all these ceramic coated is good in theory; it keeps the heat from the exhaust gas in the system, making the exhaust gas hotter and less dense and thus easier to push, and keeps the heat from radiating into the engine compartment, but how much of a power gain would someone stand to gain from getting ceramic coated powerlog/manifold and crossover if they already have a K&N cone filter, a PCM, a 2.5" downpipe w/ high flow cat, 2.5" exhaust piping with U-bend and resonator deleted and Flowmaster 40's?

The Pacesetter headers from ZZP cost $635 when you get them ceramic coated and with a high-flow cat. To get ceramic coated powerlog/manifold, crossover, and a 2.5" bolt in downpipe with a cat, it would cost a total of $715. Before, I was thinking of getting the powerlog/manifold, crossover, and a downpipe, (after I get a K&N cone, build a custom CAI, get a ZZP 1.0 PCM, and have the exhaust piping changed to 2.5" with the resonator and U-Bend deleted and add Flowmaster 40's) but now I'm thinking maybe getting the Pacesetter headers and saving $80. But I could save $120 more dollars by not getting them ceramic coated, so is the ceramic coating really worth the extra $120?

Old 02-27-2008, 09:35 AM

ZZp throttle body spacer (i figured for 25 bucks why not)
Gonna waste your money Luke. TB spacers don't even really do that much for the L67s... so for the N/A they won't do much at all.

Great mod list, however. A little at a time is the way to do it.. and you're going to LOVE the black headlights with the Stealth bulbs.. I dunno if you saw mine or not, but they look incredible! And they will look even BETTER on your car, with the black rims, and the black monte. =)

And eventually, I KNOW you're gonna go turbo, I can just feel it. You may say you aren't but honestly, with a monte like yours, a turbo is the only way to go!

Good luck!

Old 02-27-2008, 09:44 AM

ORIGINAL: wroeber_55

Are the ceramic coated front powerlog/ported manifold and crossover pipe really worth it? I mean, $60 for the crossover and $410 for the powerlog/manifold if you want them both ceramic coated is quite a bit of money. Having all these ceramic coated is good in theory; it keeps the heat from the exhaust gas in the system, making the exhaust gas hotter and less dense and thus easier to push, and keeps the heat from radiating into the engine compartment, but how much of a power gain would someone stand to gain from getting ceramic coated powerlog/manifold and crossover if they already have a K&N cone filter, a PCM, a 2.5" downpipe w/ high flow cat, 2.5" exhaust piping with U-bend and resonator deleted and Flowmaster 40's?

The Pacesetter headers from ZZP cost $635 when you get them ceramic coated and with a high-flow cat. To get ceramic coated powerlog/manifold, crossover, and a 2.5" bolt in downpipe with a cat, it would cost a total of $715. Before, I was thinking of getting the powerlog/manifold, crossover, and a downpipe, (after I get a K&N cone, build a custom CAI, get a ZZP 1.0 PCM, and have the exhaust piping changed to 2.5" with the resonator and U-Bend deleted and add Flowmaster 40's) but now I'm thinking maybe getting the Pacesetter headers and saving $80. But I could save $120 more dollars by not getting them ceramic coated, so is the ceramic coating really worth the extra $120?
Well if that is the most you are going to mod, then the ceramic coating isn't worth it. If you are going for a full blown mod with turbo, then it is worth it.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:45 AM

Damn, getting that thing all fixed up for the street and the cruise in nights. I don't know about racing you after all those, lol. Nah, will still have to go when all this snow goes away. See if your getting your money's worth for the power. **** by the summer I should have my intake, full exhaust and dyno tune.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can you think of anything else?