General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Can We Change?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default Can We Change?

We might not be able to change the world... BUT... We might be able to Rock GM's World a little bit. I don't know about you but I am mad that GM is not supporting the LS4 Group of vehicles.

So... I say we start a letter campagian and get them to start paying attention.

Look, Mr. GM, I feel put off by the lack of support you are showing the LS4 vehicles and while I have been a faithful GM buyer... I may have to go to a brand that better supports their vehicles like Ford, and Dodge. I bought anSS model because at one time that meant something. It meant GM was going to flood the market with product, and/or lend support to aftermarket companies to produce products for their SS models. The LS4 group is NOT being supported and it is a crying shame. Blah, blah, blah... better wording, grammer, etc.

But we need to wake them up to the fact that there are enough LS4 owners (with money), that they need to step up to the plate or risk losing their future business.

I will find the address to their Marketing, Executive Offices. One letter marked in bold letters "WE WANT SUPPORT", may not mean anything, but if they suddenly get 100s it will draw their attention. What do you say?

Old 10-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Default RE: BUTCan We Change The World?

i'd say figure out how you want to mod your car and do it, gm already bought you the fastest fwd car made to my knowledge.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Photobucket

Am looking for support, like they support all the other LSx. When I go to GM Performance or Semac, I want to be able to see and buy a Crate Motor (Turn-Key) LS4 (Injected, Enderle hat, Supercharged, Carberator, highrise, etc.), cams, cranks, super high volume oil, etc. I want to see HD Transmissions, suspension systems, etc, like they have for all the other LSx.

And no you cannot use the crank or cam or most other parts from the LSx family. I believe it is on one of the Stickys on this site that talks about the LS4 being a VERY UNIQUE motor because it was based on the LS6, but they had to modify it to turn it sideways -- such as making the cam, crank, block shorter (12mm to 18mm??). So a LS6 cam is not slipping into an LS4. So everything is a little different in the LS4. Ok, you could possibly use the same lifters and springs... maybe.

I want GM to step up to the plate! They designed this thing and the SS trim level in the past meant it was going to be supported fully my GM and GM Performance Group. The thing is, they made it FWD! Who uses a FWD in auto racing. It is simply easier, cheaper, and effecient to maintain a RWD race. So by their own design we GET SCREWED![/align]

Old 10-05-2007, 09:51 AM

Hmm.. I dont know if getting gm support for modifying the 5.3L will do anything. I would say to got to companies like edelbrock, crane, and flood them.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:27 PM

I personally think GM made a mistake when they decided to go with FWD rather than RWD with the newer models more so the SS ...
Imagine if the SS were RWD and came with a six-speed manual tranny [:-] ...
(Sorry i'm drooling over here) ..

Anyhow back to the mods it will more than likely take time before more modifications hit the stores, but only time will tell I guess ...
I'm totally happy with my car and it drives like a dream ..
I would be happy with just the exhaust mod, and a cai system and I'm good to go ..

Btw ... did i mention I love my car ..

Old 10-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Photobucket

I guess the car is what it is... A nice daily driver... But one, I'm not going to invest too much money into... Replace the FlowMasters with a Magnaflow or the new Borla Dyno-Tuned exhaust system, a Diablo Predator (93 Octane no Dod tune), a K&N Cold Air Intake, Tint the windows, may be throw on a Rally Racing Stripe Kit on it, Shorten Dogbones, B+G Springs, new Oversized Lateral Arms, Race Control Arms, add a Shift Kit, throw on some Voxx Wheels with Goodyear F1 GS-D3s and call it a day!

It will be a nice car for work and one that the daughter will love to drive too! I guess I was hoping for a toy too...

Old 10-05-2007, 03:06 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i think the monte would be in production to this day if it was on the camaro platfrom from the day the brought it back.. imagine, we'd have the LS1 325 hp v8's... possibly with the 6 speeds *joins Twisted Metal nad drools.....*

Old 10-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Photobucket

RWD! Oh Yeah... Twin Turbos w/intercooler, 580+HP 540+ ftlbs Torque, T56 Trans... ah... the drool...

Old 10-05-2007, 03:53 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

man, the floor is a mess.... lol

Old 10-05-2007, 08:44 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Don't be getting turned on guys.