Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   can not get in car (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/can-not-get-car-37462/)

03SSLE 07-02-2012 08:00 AM

Call a locksmith and have them pick the driver door lock.

JuniorCar 07-02-2012 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by DE02Carlo (Post 473738)
I never met any car I could not get into with a coat hanger either by getting to the lock or door linkage or through the window or door.

When I first got my Monte I locked the key in it with the car running. I thought about Onstar but it is analog and disablled. So I got out the coat hanger once again and went down into the door going for the lock or door linkage (like a slim jim) while I did get the door handle to move a couple time no luck.

I then pryed the top of the door our a little with a rag covered tool. Then I streched out the coat hanger all the way and bent a hook at the end. I stuck it and and tried going for the door lock or window buttons while trying to swing back and forth to hit the unlock button I managed to grab the manual unlock button and opened it. This whole process took about 15 minutes.

I too am quite a surgeon with the coat hanger, but I found a roll of 3/16 brake line works better then coat hanger. It still easy to bend and manipulate, but it doesn't twist so easily. So you can apply some torque when you hook your target... y'know what I mean.

I've never needed to break into my Monte

ChibiBlackSheep 07-02-2012 08:27 AM

Be careful with all of the tips on how to break-into a car... we can't have those here ;)

I think OP needs to really just get a locksmith out and then go to a dealer and find out why his key doesn't work. Perhaps someone replaced the ignition tumbler for passlock at some point?

Budsjlm 07-02-2012 08:28 AM

Door wedge, METAL coat hanger and get creative!

STUMPMI 07-02-2012 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by scrappy2561 (Post 473536)
I have a 2006 mc ss that I am locked out of the car has sat for 1 1/2 weeks and the battery has died and the key fob is not working how do I get into this car?

My bad...you did say it had a dead battery..Daaaaa
I took it as a dead battery in the key fob...not the car...
Brain :facepalm:Fade

Ricks 2006 SS 07-02-2012 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI (Post 473782)
My bad...you did say it had a dead battery..Daaaaa
I took it as a dead battery in the key fob...not the car...
Brain :facepalm:Fade

:rotfl::rotfl:Jumper cable to the key fob:rotfl::rotfl:

STUMPMI 07-02-2012 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS (Post 473787)
:rotfl::rotfl:Jumper cable to the key fob:rotfl::rotfl:

RICKS A FUNNY GUY!
:wave&point:

HA HA HA RICK!

Enzo354 07-02-2012 12:41 PM

I hope everyone realizes that the breaking into the car trick isn't going to work if the key fob doesn't work from the car having a dead battery. Unless you can somehow move the orange indicator, which is nearly impossible you are out of luck. Remember, the switches are electronic and won't work without power.

The_Maniac 07-02-2012 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Enzo354 (Post 473844)
I hope everyone realizes that the breaking into the car trick isn't going to work if the key fob doesn't work from the car having a dead battery. Unless you can somehow move the orange indicator, which is nearly impossible you are out of luck. Remember, the switches are electronic and won't work without power.

That's why the idea of a slim-jim came into play. I'd question of if the door is susceptible to it, as it requires fairly easy access to the rods that operate the door lock from inside the door panel....

That's why my vote it, see if you can pop the hood and charge the battery.

FYI gang - If you have not lubed the lock cylinders, do so and run the key in, turn and out a couple of times.

Ricks 2006 SS 07-02-2012 05:16 PM

Ok to answer one thing. My key wouldn't open the drivers door either. I didn't want to force it. But I called a friend at a Chevy dealer. he's a parts guy there. He said he never heard of that before!! So I took wd 40 and sprayed a little in the only key hole on the outside of the car. Waited a mina nd yahooo The key turns now. Now I feel a little stupied. Cause at this age. You'd think I should know better. But Nooo ha ha ha ha. Hey gave me something to do. :)