General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Calipers and Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Calipers and Rotors

Alright well I keep finding myself with urges to turn my monte into a monster. At the moment I'm in to process of finding a L67 to do a top swap, but before i do that i think its a good diea to make sure my car can stop with that much power.

Anyways does anyone know of a good site to get calipers and rotors?

EDIT

Alright i found some rotors at milzy.. although it would be nice if they had some more info about em

And i found a good site for calipers, not the greatest selection, but its a start
http://www.brakewarehouse.com/index.asp

Last edited by Overdose666; 04-23-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:35 AM

check out brakemotive on ebay. ive got over 110K miles on my rotors and they still work like the day i got them. i could go on and on about these brakes (like i have here sooo many times) but they are great brakes and a very suprising price. make sure you get ceramic pads or, youll be getting alot of dust(they sell the pads in one of their kits. i, personaly wouldnt go with any other brakes unless i had a bunch of money to dish out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Monte...Q5fAccessories

Old 04-23-2010, 09:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm going to go ahead and say no to brakemotiv suggest, because I hate the brakes. Since day 1 my rears didn't fit properly and I have bad feedback from them for no reason when they get hot.

There's no reason that your stock brakes can't hold the stopping power of the L67, since they are the same brakes that are ON the L67 powered Monte.

If you really want to upgrade, you should look into doing the GXP upgrade (larger rims required if you have 16) or the F-Body front upgrade

Old 04-23-2010, 09:38 AM
10 Year Member

well i mentioned the L67 because i figured that would imply I have alot of mods planned for this thing

Old 04-23-2010, 09:39 AM

well then, we have two completly different expiriences here. there is no reason what so ever for what happened to yours. all i know is that me and a friend both have these and theyre great. we didnt have any problems. i wonder what happened with yours?? are you sure they werent defective?? thats a possiblilty>>
not being rude or anything but, why didnt you exchange them??
they have a lot of positive feedback. do you still have them on your car?

Last edited by wht02monte; 04-23-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:42 AM

15 Year Member

I highly recommend the F-Body front upgrade, you'll take your single piston and turn it into a dual piston with lighter calipers too.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:08 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I highly recommend the F-Body front upgrade, you'll take your single piston and turn it into a dual piston with lighter calipers too.
you mean something like this?

https://www.zzperformance.com/grand_...=591&catid=138

Old 04-23-2010, 11:50 AM

15 Year Member

Yes, but most likely you can find F-Body kits and such on clubgp for much cheaper.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

I don't have horrible things to say about Brakemotives brakes, they are working ok for me. I only put them on the front. But to be honest next time I need brakes, I will not be replacing them with Brakemotive brakes. I will spend the money on powerslots. Like I said nothing horrible to say, but honestly nothing great to say either. I am a little dissapointed in them to be honest, they just are not what I was expecting for a brake upgrade.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:14 PM

I don't really understand the absolute need for new brakes. I mean lets be honest, regardless of what mods you're going to be buying, it shouldn't be changing your driving habits. If you're going excessively fast in a place you really shouldn't be, you're just asking for it to begin with. If you're turning it into an actual track car, that's different, but I'm just saying that upgrading your brakes obviously won't do much harm but it isn't like you need to.

Quick Reply: Calipers and Rotors