General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Cains LTZ pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Default RE: Cains LTZ pics

Right!!! I was some ticked off but what can you do after you order the things. In the option list, they are listed as "Chrome Wheels" not "Chrome Overlays on Steel Wheels". I've got a 2005 Silverado 4X4 and having had the Aluminum Wheels on my previous trucks, I decided to leave the standard Chrome wheels that came with the LS package on it and not pay the extra for the aluminum jobs. They are the same type (overlays on steel) as were those on the Buick. They didn't cost any extra on the truck.

My Dad really didn't know the difference because outwardly, they look like a chrome wheel, but I wasn't happy. It wasn't at all what I expected for $900.

Old 01-27-2007, 12:01 PM

nope understood , but i defently would have let them know about it LOL

as faras the ones on your truck. those alum. wheels are not to hard to find anywya . i dont think i would have opted for them due to this.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:12 PM

Yea mine aren't chrome either. Mine are the polished forged aluminum ones. Now the 18" ones that are available for the SS are chrome. Don't know if they are overlays or not though.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:24 PM

The ones I have on my 07, were the optional 18" Chromed Aluminum they show in the Brochure. Not available factory installed, had to be "Dealer installed". In other words, you end up with 8 wheels. They list out up here in Canada for about $2100 for the set of 4. They are in my opinion very good quality (as they should be for that price) No chrome overlays here. Even at the price, I checked some of the wheel sites e.g "Tirerack" etc. and once you get into the high end stuff, not much cheaper if at all. The GM wheels, if ordered with the vehicle get the same 3 year warranty as the car. I don't think the aftermarket wheels will give you that.

It just bugs me when their option list shows "Chrome Wheel Package" and they don't tell you that in some cases it's that overlay thing, and not a truly chromed wheel.

Old 01-27-2007, 02:23 PM

I like the bra, fits nicely and doesn't have that stupid triangle thingy built in like most bras do.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:14 PM

what triangle thingy you talking about?

Old 01-27-2007, 04:02 PM

Those things right there on top

Old 01-27-2007, 05:21 PM

yeah but even i would prefer the chromed or polished aluminum wheels over the chrome overlays.

I would hope for the 2100 that they wernt a over lay . i think if it were to be that way i would be finding a way to send them back.

seems to me they shoudl ahve at elast one wheel of each someplace in town so you can look at them before ya order them . jsut for this reason. hard to buy them from a Catolog.
i see why they dont it would cost a ton to do it but it owuld sure make it nice.

Old 01-27-2007, 06:13 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

yeah but even i would prefer the chromed or polished aluminum wheels over the chrome overlays.

I would hope for the 2100 that they wernt a over lay . i think if it were to be that way i would be finding a way to send them back.

seems to me they shoudl ahve at elast one wheel of each someplace in town so you can look at them before ya order them . jsut for this reason. hard to buy them from a Catolog.
i see why they dont it would cost a ton to do it but it owuld sure make it nice.
The only problem I have is that they don't disclose the fact that it's just an overlay, and the cost of said overlay. I don't understand why anyone would pay 2 racks for some 18's anyway. For that much, I could get some 20" Zenetti's, Falken FK-452's, Eibach lowering springs and some KYB GR2 shocks, and still have enough money left to get a couple 6 packs of Dos Equis Amber Ale

Old 01-27-2007, 06:15 PM

Nice clean looking vehicle!

Quick Reply: Cains LTZ pics