General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Bye-Bye Monte

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 09:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow man, I'm sorry to hear about that. It is a very good thing that you're able to talk about it though, it sounds like it was a horrendous crash. I wish you the very best in this difficult time, just know that your Monte family is here for you.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thank you all guys. I too am hoping for a fast recovery but I have yet to hear of a possible release date. I got some gadgets now to help me kill time here

But I found out a crappy fact, On disability you don't recive 100% of your actual income. Sucks man. Plus my job is IMO my greatest hobbie so that kinda kills the mood even more.

Anyways on the plus side I got AT&T going to my house to instal a few cameras and two way speakers and live two way monitors including small hand held tablets that all come to play in a way where I can watch and hear everything that happens in the house and I can interact with everyone in the house with extreme ease (kinda like Skype/face time) but continously for 24 hours. That way my wife & kids don't have to visit me as often.

Also Sunday morning they're transferring me to the hospital closest to my house for ease of visitation flexabilty (visitation allowed 24 hours a day) and I get a room with some room for guests to stay and relax a little more. And it comes with a patio for some fresh air and outdoor relaxation. Only problem is my bathroom is gonna be 20 feet away from the bed so it's gonna take me an hour of walking and balancing just to pee lmfao.

Doctor also informed me that my two health insurance companies are going to work together ((blue cross/blue shield & cobra) B.C.B.S. Is union workers mandatory health insurance and Cobra is my company's mandatory policy which both are fully paid by my employer. )) in covering me on every thing 100% until complete recovery aka back to work. (this includes all equipment I might need upon release & home stay like a stair lift elevator and manual or motorized wheelchairs and a reclining bed plus whatever else i might need)

So yea a few ups and some downs but it's this drama that's getting me by day by day for now though I really just wanna go home and be over with all this.

Last edited by Habbibie; 09-16-2015 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member

Wow, so sorry to hear that man. Your world just got turned upside down in a split second by some dumb a.. irresponsible SOB. I recall not long ago, you proudly announcing the 90 day anniversary of you being sober. My wife worked in the rehab field and I know the road to recovery is a long journey, but in many cases the outcome is for the better. I don't know what your occupation is, but many employers work with good people like you to get your life back on track. Think positive man 'cause it's up to you to stay motivated and get yourself through this. Life does get better, be patient.

Last edited by plumbob; 09-17-2015 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:06 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

That's horrible - glad you are OK

Old 09-20-2015, 04:11 PM

This new room is like a 5 star hotel I could only imagine how much a night stay here is

Old 09-24-2015, 03:30 PM

Glad you are okay my man! You can always get a new monte you can't get a new life!

Old 09-28-2015, 03:10 AM

Hi Habbibe,
I am so sorry to read of your crash. I want to share with you that my daughter was hit head-on by a drunk driver when she was 19. She had multiple broken bones as you have - all three bones in her right leg, several bones in the right foot, left arm and wrist broken, face hit windshield due to no seat belt (this was almost 20 years ago when many people were still not wearing them regularly). Her nose was broken, but no big cuts on her face. And NO head injury, which was a big blessing.

She was a full time college student and also worked part time and was a very active young woman - bicyclist, skier. The WORST part of it ended up to be the boredom and frustration of not being able to do the things she wanted to do. And I think that is just so common with active people who have these multiple injuries. As you heal you will get to the point where you are ready for physical therapy and that helps with the boredom.

Here are some things that helped: She loved talking books and rented movies. (She had full cast to hip on right leg and full cast on left arm and down around the hand also at first, it got shortened later.) She needed a lot of assistance and I worked, so insurance paid for her to have a home assistant. We picked a younger person, not too much older than she was. The assistant would take her and her wheelchair out to the Mall during the day.

You need to have good legal representation - right now. To deal with the insurance company of the other driver. Because he had insurance on his vehicle. With my daughter, we had good insurance, the guy who hit her had not so good insurance. His company just wrote her a check for the limit of his coverage, which I think was around $50K at the time. Our policy had an "underinsured" portion to it that paid for whatever we needed.

Based on what you've been told, your lawyer will also likely advise you to apply for Social Security Disability benefits. They pay when you have been off work for 5 months, but it often pays to apply right away. The lawyer will tell you why.

Immediate concerns: Get a "pee bottle" and one of those beside potty chairs for near your bed. It is fine if you never even used them, but just have them there just in case. There are such things a good days and bad days, ya know?

God bless you and the very best wishes for the quickest recovery humanly possible.

And you have enough connections here that when the time comes you will get your NEXT Monte! (You could sort of start a wish list about what you'd want.)

Sincerely, Donna

Old 09-29-2015, 08:53 AM

Hope you have a speedy recovery. Good luck man.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Whoa, I missed this thread!

So sorry to read what has happened and I hope you are feeling well and better soon. Reading your posts, I am amazed by your positivity thru this! I'm sorry you lost the Monte too I guess, but it really doesn't seem that important now does it?...

Old 09-29-2015, 11:37 AM
Thumbs up >Get Well Soon<

Hello `Habbibie,
It's sad to read about your accident & injuries. A persons life can change in a heartbeat 4-Sure. It's great to read that you are getting good care & keeping a positive attitude about your accident by a drunk driver. It happens to so many & hopefully your post will remind all member's to not drink & drive. Sadly, bad things happen out there on our highways of life.

Wish you a full recovery...Please keep the MCF updated when time permits. Good Luck

Name:  LNV1Sij.png
Views: 6
Size:  9.1 KB