General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Buy a Victory Red 06 MC SS? - opinions needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 09:49 AM
1 Year Member
Default Buy a Victory Red 06 MC SS? - opinions needed

Hi All,

I've been looking for some time for a 06 or 07 MC SS
I think i found a good one at a good price but i havent bought it yet cause its victory red.
I like the red a lot to look at, but i'm not sure about having such a bright red car to drive.
I just sold my solar gold 79 trans am and one thing i like about the MCs is they dont generally get a lot of attention, at least not like the trans am did (i may be wrong)
This time I prefer to drive a car under the "radar"

And I really wanted a black one, but these cars are so rare that im thinking maybe i shouldnt be so choosy.

Anyways, im just throwing this out there for anyone to chime in.

What's your opinion of the victory red 06 mc ss?

Old 11-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i passed on victory red. it as a little too bright of a red for me. so i ended up with a Precision Red one. It is still really red and gets alot of attention.

if you are patient you will find a black one. they are the most common out of all the colors

Old 11-12-2011, 10:59 AM

I'd say the same thing don't settle for less than what you want also, I did when I got my first Monte Carlo which was smoke grey and when I washed it and looked it over it had so many surface scratches and swirls it was disappointing, I will say I did like the metallic flake it had to it. It shined but if any dust was even on it it was dull and when I got my black one it just looked so sleek compared to it.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:00 AM

I don't see much difference between Victory Red and Precision Red. Go to a Chevy dealer and find cars in those colors so you can see what they look like and compare. I would think if you're driving a new red Monte Carlo SS you're going to get a lot of attention (the GOOD kind).

Old 11-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

IMO there is alot of difference in the color. mine is alot darker than the victory. you have to see them in person to appreciate the difference

Old 11-12-2011, 11:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Victory red is the best color. People tell me all the time how great it looks.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:29 PM
1 Year Member

i think if was single and younger the vred would be perfect
But as dd car and my work having an large outdoor (but private lot) and having to drive my 3 kids around the attention might not be what i want.
Even though my wife loves the color.

On similar note
its my understanding there was only 1 red (victory) color in 2006, but in 07 there was 3 reds?
a super red (which im guessing is the same as victory red) a cobalt red and a red jewel.
is this true?

Old 11-12-2011, 02:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Originally Posted by WannaMCSS
i think if was single and younger the vred would be perfect
LOL I'm 40 with 4 kids.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

The black ones are sharp. When looking for mine, I found that any color seventh gen was hard to find, even the black, and for the right price. Depends on the area. Just be patient and wait for the right one to come along, that's what I did. I came to a decision on the "all black", and after two weeks of looking I ended up going 150+ miles for my black 06, and the price had just been reduced at the time so that was another factor. The week prior I went 250+ miles to look at one that turned out to not be in the greatest shape. Don't see too many of the seventh gens out there period. They will get noticed by the right people. Good luck with your search!

Old 11-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Always get what you want others wise you wont be happy with what you just settle for.

Quick Reply: Buy a Victory Red 06 MC SS? - opinions needed