General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

BURNOUT!!! YEE HAA

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 05:58 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: BURNOUT!!! YEE HAA

Okay. It wasn't a nice smokie burn out. But all in all not a bad one Duane.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:59 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

oh tehre was a bit of smoke.. not enough to drown the car, but some smoke. the darkness shadows it and my cell phone camera won't pick it up.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'd say it wasn't bad for a car that isn't really known for good burnouts. Especially with traction controls that like to kick in whether you like it or not.

The best I ever did was at a stop light when I was really ticked off. When the light turned green, I punched it right to the floor. The tires spun for a good four seconds. Sounded good too. Well, it did to me. The people around me didn't seem to appreciate it as much as I did.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:47 PM

The tires spun for a good four seconds. Sounded good too. Well, it did to me. The people around me didn't seem to appreciate it as much as I did.
With my mods, I can punch it, and sit for an easy 10-12 seconds with the brake. Without, probably closer to 6 seconds. If I hadn't JUST thrown my new Eagle F1 All Seasons On, I'd probably get a video for you. HOWEVER Duane, Great video, as any monte carlo squealing tire is fun to watch. =)

Old 01-02-2008, 07:49 AM

If I turn my traction control off and punch if from a stop, I can roast my tires all the way across a 4 lane intersection. Was racing a Mustang GTone time and did that, lost the race, but at the next light went again didn't spin andthe Mustang could only see taillights

Old 01-02-2008, 07:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Cowboy, you are really screwed up with your acronyms and hyperboles.

Not all sixes are v-sux's...you haven't driven a VVT 3.9 yet.

If an RS is 'really slow' an SS is sometimes or somewhat slow, not super slow.

Okay, ask granpa for advise if you need to before you start ripping on our cars.....

Old 01-02-2008, 07:18 PM

Just wanted to throw this out there...

One of the highest performing engines, still to date, is the Buick Grand National.

THAT is a V6

Old 01-02-2008, 07:38 PM

5 Year Member

alright grandpa...... well heres where that came from.

the buddy of mine with the Cobra mustnag had it about 2 months before i got my car. he nicknamed it the "Slowbra" so, for kicks and giggles, we nicknamed the Monte Carlo the "Monte Slowlo". But I didn't think it made much since, so it was changed to the "Super Slow" in reference to teh SS

Old 01-02-2008, 08:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

alright grandpa...... well heres where that came from.

the buddy of mine with the Cobra mustnag had it about 2 months before i got my car. he nicknamed it the "Slowbra" so, for kicks and giggles, we nicknamed the Monte Carlo the "Monte Slowlo". But I didn't think it made much since, so it was changed to the "Super Slow" in reference to teh SS
Kewl.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:07 PM

5 Year Member

yeah, it was never anything too serious. I tried to come up with an AIM name shortly thereafter to reflect my car... everything was taken that I could think of concerning an 03 Monte SS. So my buddy said "why don't you be something more original.... like "SuperSlowMonte", that became my AIM screenname and my name on a couple of other things. Somehow, the old name of "Cowboy6622" is what i ended up being on here.

Quick Reply: BURNOUT!!! YEE HAA