General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

The Bride Of Frankenstein

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: The Bride Of Frankenstein

RJ... Have you considered a trunk lid liner like the ones on pfyc? I got a pic of mine in my gallery. A few others here have them too. They stick on with that really strong automotive velcro.

Some of the others have painted/dyed the raised lettering (or chevy bowtie, which ever they chose) on theirs. Gives the inside of the trunk lid a more finished look at shows.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:07 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Taz. I think Debbie mentioned she wanted something for the trunk of her '03 Pace car.

We'd really like to purhase the missing decals for the car first but little things keep up.
(ex. bills, travel expenses, bills, ebay stuff, swap meets, food, more bills, and gasoline)

The trunk lid on my '06 Monte would have been up but I closed it due to my 2006 Monte Carlo memorabilia being inside. I brought it with me to display but thought better of the idea when I got to the cruise-in. When I was showing what I had collected to a friend I realized I'd forgotten the '06 Impala/Monte Carlo service manuals I have. Oh well. Probably better anyways.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I can imagine how much it would be to put all the missing decals on the pace car. I asked a local Chevy parts department how much the official GM Taz decal on the pace car trunk lid is. They told me it runs about $450 alone (canadian price). I looked online, but couldn't find one that looks exactly the same. I also asked about the "Team Monte Carlo" decal for the rear spoiler. That was $300.

The DEI stripes on the side of my car are $500 PER SIDE!!! I imagine if you had to purchase all the factory original decals for your pace car from the dealership, it would cost you thousands. Some of which are considered "vehicle exclusive". Which means you must provide proof that you own a real pace car to purchase the part.

Which decals are you missing? I've heard that in some years, the decals differed from one pace car to another. Some had a decal that ran the full length of the car, that showed Taz hanging from the front wheel wells. I think those were the brickyard Monte's, but not sure.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:28 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well they didn't come on any of the Pace cars sold to the public that I know of. But they read "Official Pace Car" and attach at the rocker box ground effects.

Then the "Team Monte Carlo" decal for the spoiler.

And the "Monte Carlo" banner for the windshield.

We both think these would really dress the car up.

One thing I think would be cool would be to get the lights to strobe like the real Pace cars do on the track. I know we saw someone with a Pace car at a Monte Carlo National and their car did this. So they either had someone install the strobe flasher or they were able to themselves.