General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

BLOWN FORCE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:41 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default BLOWN FORCE!

So....

How do you like the imaginary BLOWN FORCE 2006 SS:

I can promise you, if our cars were Rear-Wheel Drive... This would not be just imaginary... I would have probably already have done it!

Old 01-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: BLOWN FORCE!

I'm all for performance. With that being said...
If the caris strictly for the track, I'm all for it.
But on the street I think it looks horrible.

There's a guy around here with a Camaro blown like that. And he uses it as his daily driver in addition to the track. He gets more laughs driving down the street, and the cops give him a hard time too.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Photobucket

My 1970 Nova SS was Blown... I actually received more wow's than boo's, but you are right about the police. I was pulled over all the time!!! The wheellie bars and parachute on the back didn't help either... Oh, the M&H Racemaster Slicks had something to due with it too! But with the slicks on, I could lift the frontend off the ground and without them, lay the smoke... enough so, I could literally spin a new set of stock tires WITHOUT brake torquing and spin them until they blew up -- melting rubber to the pavement close to 300-feet before the tire blew.

Line up at Wildwood and Glenwood Streets at the stop sign... Nail it, by the time I got to the High School football field, the tires would pop!

With studded tires, it would create a very pretty light show at night! I was young and stupid at the time.... (17-19)

Old 01-21-2008, 10:00 AM

A little too much for a daily driver

Old 01-21-2008, 10:13 AM

BADASS is the only thing to say about that.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:33 AM

ORIGINAL: 06MCLTZ

BADASS is the only thing to say about that.
[:-]Ditto on above `If it were a RWD or AWD [:-]I really love the look [:-]
I would drive it on the Street/Track anywhere
Now with Pontiac's G8 RWD, I'm sure there will be someone with $'s that does it.
Great Picture `Craig....I just love this site : ) Imagination in2 creations : )

Old 01-21-2008, 12:06 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Craig,
The Monte is looking kind of "grandma-ish" don't you think? When are you going to fix it up?
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

How do you like the imaginary BLOWN FORCE 2006 SS:

We need to see some smoke rolling off the back skins, buddy.
[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 01-21-2008, 12:48 PM

ORIGINAL: BLACK ATTACK

My 1970 Nova SS was Blown... I actually received more wow's than boo's, but you are right about the police. I was pulled over all the time!!! The wheellie bars and parachute on the back didn't help either... Oh, the M&H Racemaster Slicks had something to due with it too! But with the slicks on, I could lift the frontend off the ground and without them, lay the smoke... enough so, I could literally spin a new set of stock tires WITHOUT brake torquing and spin them until they blew up -- melting rubber to the pavement close to 300-feet before the tire blew.

Line up at Wildwood and Glenwood Streets at the stop sign... Nail it, by the time I got to the High School football field, the tires would pop!

With studded tires, it would create a very pretty light show at night! I was young and stupid at the time.... (17-19)
What happened to it? I take it that you don't have it anymore?

Oh, and I love the blown look, I just don't know if I could do it on a daily driver, I'm one of those people who like to see the road

Old 01-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Photobucket

I sold that Nova back in 1982 and believe it or not, we had a car show at the dealership a couple years ago and my old Nova showed up. Not the same guy I sold it too, but... We (my BF at the time and myself stamped our initials on the firewall along with the date), so I had positive id in was my old car. Had the same motor, brass blow-proof, transmission, etc.. The only thing new on it was the wheels, and the guy added a black rally stripe.

I had the spare aluminum 4-bolt main350 LT1 block, up to about three years ago and before I gave it away.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:35 PM

you could have given me that 305 LT1
I would have been happy to have it LOL
I had a old camino that was well knowen my the police also. but for a completly diffrent reason
It was knowen for racing it was even knowen to lay some tred on the ground also. btu the reason they knew it so well is i was lined up with a old camaro and didnt see her pull in to the rear view, and when the light turned we started to launch WEll lets just say it sounded really good till i relise i wasent goign to move at all.

Caro got in to inpound for drag racing and i had to buy the force a new windsheild and get a tow truck to come get my car after i posted bail and then the communitty service was exciting also LOL

i blew the spider gears out the rear end in to the grill ,windsheild and radator of the cop car and turned the rear end under the camino completly side ways. instead of this way _ the tires were sitting more like this/
this was my 68 SS . well so much for the younger years of not caring to much what you tore up. I relised it was more fun to enjoy the car then to tear them up on the street. but i still drove my old camaro on the street and it was a 400hp 350 stroker

Quick Reply: BLOWN FORCE!