General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Blend door actuator 07

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 11:18 AM
Default Blend door actuator 07

Not sure why but it wouldn't let me post here on my other account only in new members. Anyways I have a 2007 Monte with the 3.5FF. Its a LT version I believe. Nothing special besides autostart. Its a darker blue color with cloth seats no sunroof ect. 107K miles for 2200$ was cheap if you ask me. Body is a little beat up but thats another story for a different thread.

Anyways I fixed the posting problem with a new account. There is a loud clicking on the passenger side usually when you get in car/out of car before and after it has ran. Doesn't go for very long possibly 30 seconds then quits.

I understand there is three of these things in the Monte Carlos? Two on passenger and one on driver side I believe. I need to get the part in the mail but can I unplug it without any issues so I don't have to hear that everytime I drive the car? Any tips on getting it out of there? I got small hands and "all the tools of the world" but I am sure I will be missing something small to make it easier.

I looked closer at the CD player/radio and it does not take in CDs. I am not positive on what one I have exactly but I am hoping that this one here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/R148-06-07-08-CHEVY-IMPALA-MONTE-CARLO-RADIO-CD-MP3-PLAYER-RECEIVER-STEREO/401496674703?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid =p2057872.m2749.l2649
Will be able to work in it. I have the tech2 that can unlock it because they are locked to VIN? Anyways my tool takes care of that in 2 minutes. I just don't want to tear it apart and find the part number, put it back to gether and wait for the 20$ radio. The buzzing sound seems like it is the eject part of it trying to give out a cd. Crossing my fingers these sounds are all done for 30$~ or so.

Last edited by bigmo421; 03-25-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:06 PM

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/fw...acement-54792/

shows a cool thumb ratchet in the thread.....

Old 03-25-2018, 09:12 PM

Be very, very careful. One of those is inside my dashboard, and the noise is still there....

Old 03-26-2018, 09:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by bigmo421
Anyways I fixed the posting problem with a new account. There is a loud clicking on the passenger side usually when you get in car/out of car before and after it has ran. Doesn't go for very long possibly 30 seconds then quits.

I understand there is three of these things in the Monte Carlos? Two on passenger and one on driver side I believe. I need to get the part in the mail but can I unplug it without any issues so I don't have to hear that everytime I drive the car? Any tips on getting it out of there? I got small hands and "all the tools of the world" but I am sure I will be missing something small to make it easier.
Move the temp slider on the passenger side to the other setting. If it's on cold, set it to hot, or the other way around. If that doesn't make the ticking stop, then it's the recirculation one. You should be able to just drop the door of the glovebox all the way down (usually just a couple of tabs hold it from opening to the floor), and you'll see both actuators sitting there. The recirc one is closer to the passenger door, and the heat one is on the left near the radio.

Yes you can probably just unplug it, shouldn't take too long to replace though. 5.5mm socket on a thumb ratchet and it comes right out. The passenger side ones are much easier than the 1 driver's side one.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Move the temp slider on the passenger side to the other setting. If it's on cold, set it to hot, or the other way around. If that doesn't make the ticking stop, then it's the recirculation one. You should be able to just drop the door of the glovebox all the way down (usually just a couple of tabs hold it from opening to the floor), and you'll see both actuators sitting there. The recirc one is closer to the passenger door, and the heat one is on the left near the radio.

Yes you can probably just unplug it, shouldn't take too long to replace though. 5.5mm socket on a thumb ratchet and it comes right out. The passenger side ones are much easier than the 1 driver's side one.
You have much smaller hands than I....

Old 03-26-2018, 01:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 96z34man
You have much smaller hands than I....
Probably, but OP also specified they had small hands too.

Old 03-28-2018, 03:07 PM
Default Blend door actuators evil

Blend door actuators are notorious for this problem.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:56 AM

Got it out guys. I got the glovebox off and took the trim piece off above it aswell(probably overkill).

Anyways it was pretty tight, but once I figured I could put my hand through the part thats on the righthand side of glovebox it came out easy. I could put my finger on both the actuators in there and feel the one clicking.

Anyways parts coming today I just unplugged it to stop the noise, now my radio is next today.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by bigmo421
Got it out guys. I got the glovebox off and took the trim piece off above it aswell(probably overkill).

Anyways it was pretty tight, but once I figured I could put my hand through the part thats on the righthand side of glovebox it came out easy. I could put my finger on both the actuators in there and feel the one clicking.

Anyways parts coming today I just unplugged it to stop the noise, now my radio is next today.
Nice progress! These nit-noidy things can really improve the whole car driving experience.

Old 03-31-2018, 12:22 PM

Yes, you can just unplug it in the meantime, especially since it's just the one for inside/outside air.

I fought with those a ton on my 08 Impala. Over ~100k miles, all 3 stock ones failed, plus the first one I replaced (the one for inside/outside air) had the aftermarket one fail once also.