General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Been pondering...

Old 07-09-2011, 05:29 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2010
1 Year Member
Default Been pondering...

Okay, so I have been pondering something here. Long story short, my great aunt has a purple 1997 Monte LS. The car has 27,000 miles on it. Feet have never touched the carpet, nor has anything ever touched the trunk floor. She is the only owner of it, she bought it brand new and it has ALWAYS been garage kept. She wants a new car, and she said she'd work a deal with me for me to get it. So, that's what I have been pondering.

A lot of you know how much work I have put into my 1998 Monte. With the new front bumper, spoiler, seats, headlights(birthday gift from my mom), and COUNTLESS other things. And I do really love the car, mostly for that reason.

Pros of the '97 that my '98 lacks:
Better motor with VERY low miles(no tick when cold!!!)
Factory stereo
Leather wrapped steering wheel with radio controls
UN BROKEN console lid
Nicer paint
All 4 working corner marker lights
Leak free exhaust

There are only two things that would have to be done. The infamous rust repaired, and the factory AM/FM cassette player replaced with a factory AM/FM CD. My local salvage sells them for $50.

Yeah, I have put a lot of blood, sweat & tears into my 1998...but I gotta face it...it does have 154,000 miles. That's just on the body. The motor has been replaced, when I don't know. The motor may have 254,000 on it, I don't know! Yeah, for the most part, it runs good. But for how long...? Ya know? In the winter, the tick tick tick is so bad, it sounds like a diesel motor. It needs an exhaust, the front struts are beginning to go. It needs strut mount bushings too. I take good care of it...but before I got it, it was rode hard and put away wet and clearly not taken care of, or I wouldn't have had to do so much work to it, lol.

Another thought I had was, it would probably be better to try to sell mine now while it still looks good, and runs good, rather than a couple years from now when its rotted out, or the motor is gone and I get $500 bucks for it!

Please understand...NOTHING is for sure. Hell, she may change her mind, Who knows. But, the idea was thrown out there, and I've just been thinking about it.

What would you do in my shoes?

Last edited by 7498MonteCarlo; 07-09-2011 at 05:31 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:48 AM

Hi `Kyle <~> you are up early pondering 4-Sure (Can't sleep think'in about it: ),
I think your aunt should give you her Monte LOL 4-Sure!

I think it depends on what you aunt wants( $'s) for her Monte.
It's sounds like she has a Super Monte Carlo 4-Sure...

Will she take payments ? Do you know what she wants for it ? I don't think a dealer would give her much on trade if they use the book, and would try to steal it from her.

Let us know what you decide, after U ponder...."If you snooze U might lose" Oh `No...Hurry b-4 it's 2 late : )
Good Luck & keep us updated 4-Sure....

Please understand...NOTHING is for sure. Hell, she may change her mind, Who knows. But, the idea was thrown out there, and I've just been thinking about it.

What would you do in my shoes?
Yes `Kyle, Nothing is 4 Sure ~> 4-Sure So you must `Act Now ~> What `if ?<~> She changes here mind ? Yes, people do that
What size shoes do you wear ? I have big feet & don't know if I could wear your shoes, but I don't like wearing shoes
LOL....Wish you Good Luck on getting your aunt's Monte`if you decide, and `if you can....

Last edited by Space; 07-09-2011 at 05:54 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:50 AM
Photobucket
1 Year Member

She said she'd take whatever I could sell mine for.

I could probably get between 2,000-2,500 for it. NO LESS than 2...paid 1800 for it.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:58 AM

Kyle, you have the advantage of seeing & knowing each Monte, but from your words it sounds like a super deal for you to get your aunt's Monte Carlo 4-Sure...

Would love to see pic's of her car to help in the decision, but it sure sounds like a rare low mile Monte Carlo...

Get it in writing & sign a agreement with your aunt & put your Monte up 4 sale...Good Luck & please keep us updated..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Kelley Blue Book price:$2,825 - $3,175Reliability rating:
MSN ratings & reviews
User rating:8.1Read reviewsMSN autos rating:6.0Read reviews
&
http://autos.aol.com/used/kbb/Chevro...Coupe_2D/1997/

Last edited by Space; 07-09-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:02 AM
Photobucket
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Would love to see pic's of her car to help in the decision
A few years old, but it still looks the same.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:06 AM

..Thanks for posting the Picture I'd be at your aunt's now & working a deal 4-Sure....That's one beautiful Monte Carlo...I would stop pondering & `ACT ~> FAST...
It's still "Like New" ~> wOW...
Let us know what you decide...Good Luck

p.s. I do love what you've done to your Monte that you got for $1800 + a lot of blood/sweat & hard work, but
your should be able to sell it with no problems....You can't beat a low miled, well cared for auto & your aunt has one that she will sell you...

Last edited by Space; 07-09-2011 at 06:09 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:09 AM
Photobucket
1 Year Member

I will. Like I said...I'm not even 100% shes going to get a new car. She hasn't even looked yet. She has said it more than once, and never got a new one. But this time she seemed more serious, so I don't know.

What's meant to be, will happen.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:13 AM

What's meant to be, will happen.
Yes, Kyle I agree, but sometimes I find that `if you want something bad enough , that you can MAKE IT HAPPEN It's time for Action ~> LOL
Good Luck 4-Sure...

p.s. I'd be taking my aunt out looking @ other cars 2Day
p.s.s. ~> Don't take her in her Monte ~> Take yours : ) Keep her Monte a `Secret : ) LOL

Last edited by Space; 07-09-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:47 AM
Photobucket
1 Year Member

Here are a few more hots of the car...

Attached Thumbnails Been pondering...-p7010009.jpg   Been pondering...-p7010007.jpg   Been pondering...-p7010011.jpg   Been pondering...-p7010013.jpg   Been pondering...-p7010016.jpg  

Old 07-09-2011, 06:50 AM

Thanks Kyle for the additional pic's...If I were you, I'd be sitting in her driveway 4-Sure & be taking her for breakfast
and then out looking at new cars
It's like brand new ~> WoW

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Been pondering...