General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Attention Monte Carlo Fourm

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
Default Attention Monte Carlo Fourm

Bodykits.org isnt working with Ands Auto Sport.com anymore.

I found this out the hard way. I got a call monday saying that they andys auto sport was sending me a 2000 monte carlo front bumper. I said " that isnt right i searched my make model and year and that kit came up.

So today i called bodykits.org and they said they dont work with andys anymore. The rep was very helpfull and suggested if i didnt want that front bumper to cancel and call him back. I cancel after waiting for a while on the phone, and called back. The rep said he would give me a discount if i orded the whole kit.

So i orded the whole kit with 200 dollars off . Next im ordering the mufflers to it, and the door trim.

Imagin that only red

Old 03-16-2010, 06:32 PM

That will look sweet man!

Old 03-16-2010, 06:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

nice, im not calling you for a detail until this is done, i wanna see it lol

Old 03-16-2010, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member

exhaust and all?

mitch it is getting about that time lol

Old 03-16-2010, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member

im kidding..i texted you but you dont text back =p idk if you got it tho

i have spring break week after next, you gonna be free? ill be down for the set then im sure, monday or tuesday, anyday after that i gotta work lol

Old 03-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I hear that the sideskirts fit terribly, and the back bumper replacement will not be perfectly lined up with the quarter panels. I know about the back bumper for a fact, because I have it.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice kit. But they need to come up with something better for the front licence plate.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member

i agree taz and i aslo hear that the kit isnt perfect but once installed its gonna look sweet. I hope it wins a show or two.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by gothkid
i agree taz and i aslo hear that the kit isnt perfect but once installed its gonna look sweet. I hope it wins a show or two.
nothin a little heat wont fix, and some muscle...oh dear better have me help you in that case =p

Old 03-16-2010, 10:06 PM

i agree taz and i aslo hear that the kit isnt perfect but once installed its gonna look sweet.
I installed my whole kit by myself- and it was a pain. The front isn't bad- fits the best out of the kit- its just a matter of drilling your holes and such. My fenders lined up pretty well out of the box and everything. The only thing I don't like is there isn't much support as-is. The only thing that holds it on are the 2 nuts in each fender- and then the two push clips just inside of the headlights. Its pretty secure, but nowhere near on there like stock is (you'll see how many clips really hold that stock plastic front end on).

The back piece on mine was a little narrow- and had to be stretched to come close to the fenders. However, mine needed a bunch of trimming where it met up to the rear body corners (like under the taillight on the sides). It mounts about the same way as the front- except you can use all of those push clips inside the trunk lip.

The side skirts are a nightmare. Mine were twisted end to end, and they didn't line up well at all. Honestly, my side skirts are still in primer because I still haven't got them right yet (I did paint my front and rear bumpers though).

I will say, with how much I had to bend and pry mine to fit the car- that I'd definitely recommend mounting them in primer still, and getting the fitment right- drive it for a week or so, that way the heat/cool during the day and night will get the fiberglass to settle a bit from all the stress you put it under. After about a week of driving around on mine- I ended up with a few minor stress cracks on both bumpers, moreso on the rear (maybe wouldn't be as much of an issue if you had more structure built to support it than I had when I started). But I'm glad I waited to paint it until I was able to get them all sanded out before final primer and paint.

I hope it wins a show or two.
Hope you have a lot of other mods- it can take quite a bit to win a show, especially a bigger one.

Quick Reply: Attention Monte Carlo Fourm